The Formatt 127mm Cool Day For Night 2 Filter is an alternative way to achieve an evening effect without the added expense of shooting at night. It adds a bluish/lavender effect of low contrast quality.
This filter can be a real time and money-saver since it negates having to retain an entire crew on overtime when the sun is down. It also creates an unusual effect slightly different from traditional filming at night. Some detail will be obscured but the overall night effect is quite pleasing and effective.
Formatt, a company with three generations of professional filter-making experience produces every filter to the highest technical standards. The finest materials, together with state of-the-art production technology have resulted in a standard of optical excellence unmatched anywhere else.
- Each filter is manufactured from Schott-Desag B270 Crown Optical Glass
- Absolute consistency in color and density to Kodak Wratten standards
- Precision grinding and polishing result in unbeatable optical flatness allowing use on even ultra-long focal length lenses
- Filter edges are protected with a unique frame for maximum protection and easy handling
Absorbing Cell Technology
- The secret to Formatt's consistency in filter design lies in its unique "Absorbing Cell Technology" (A.C.T.); this unique process allows color correct dyes to be applied to optically pure, wafer thin absorbing cells and offers a controllability that ensures the smoothest grad lines and consistent color across the whole filter surface.
- This process is revolutionary compared with conventional filter dying techniques by eliminating the need to directly coat the glass surface itself; the repeatable performance gained through A.C.T. ensures that at any time you have to swap like filters for like filters mid shoot you can do so with confidence with no discernible differences in color or density.
- Each filter is guaranteed flatness to a maximum 2-wave value and comes with an individual reading from a laser interferometer; every filter is carefully verified with a densitometer and spectrophotometer to ensure consistent and accurate transmission, before leaving the factory - the result is an absolute purity of image that eliminates any unwanted colorcast caused by conventional greenish soda-lime glass.