The Panasonic AK-HC3500 2/3" HD Studio Camera is a professional, multi-format camera that captures 1080i video using three 2/3" 2.2-megapixel CCDs. By combining a 14-bit A/D converter with 38-bit digital signal processing, the camera's low smear level and reduced moire contribute to exceptional imagery even in lowlight environments. A variety of image controls go further to improve image quality depending on your shooting situation, with such high-performance functions as dynamic range stretch, cine gamma curve, skin tone detail correction, and enhanced DTL signal processing.
In keeping with its "multi-format" designation, the AK-HC3500 shoots both NTSC and PAL HD formats, while an optional Down Converter Board gives it the ability to capture 480/59.94 and 576/50i SD video. Other options include the studio Build-up Unit, which easily converts the camera from a shoulder-mount field recorder into a professional studio camera, and an HD I/O board, which allows 720p shooting while adding numerous input and output options to the camera's standard HD-SDI.
Note! This camera does not include a lens or viewfinder, which can be purchased separately.
- Switchable Output HD/SD Formats
- The AK-HC3500's multi-format capability makes it perfect for demanding broadcasts and program production in the U.S. and abroad. Using the optional downconverter board also enables HD to SD signal (480i/576i) conversion.
- High Sensitivity, Low Smear 2/3" 2.2MP IT-3CCD
- Panasonic CCD sensor technology and the improved on-chip lens performance offer a high sensitivity of F10 (1080/59.94i)/F11 (1080/50i) at 2000 lx, a low smear level and an excellent signal to noise ratio of 60 dB. Panasonic's single-channel transfer system and spatial-offset processing technologies improve signal modulation depth and reduce moire.
- 14-bit A/D Converter & 38-bit Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- A/D conversion is 14-bit compared to conventional 12-bit. There's also a newly-developed 38-bit Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Panasonic's original real-time gamma correction to enable high quality images with Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) and other high-performance functions.
- Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) Function
- DRS helps assure high image quality when shooting extremely contrasty scenes. It's also effective when shooting standard scenes because it avoids aliasing (knee artifacts) which can be unattractive for onscreen talent.
- Cine Gamma Curve
- Thanks to its cine gamma curve, the AK-HC3500 can produce pictures with the same kind of tonal beauty, natural gradation, and rich colors you get with film recordings.
- Color Correction
- The 12-vector variable masking circuit allows precise and independent hue and saturation adjustment of individual colors.
- Skin Tone Detail Correction
- Separately defocusing two skin tones helps tone down wrinkles and dull areas to produce beautiful, naturally textured results when shooting people. And since defocusing is possible throughout the entire hue phase (360°), defocusing can also be applied for colors other than skin tones.
- Enhanced DTL Signal Processing
- Enhanced DTL signal processing ensures superb picture quality with minimal noise in horizontal and vertical directions, as well as in the image's dark and brightly lit areas.
- Two Color Correction Matrix
- EBU or NTSC preset color correction matrix can be selected.
- Designed for easy operation and expandability
- The AK-HC3500 incorporates Panasonic's extensive broadcast camera design know-how to provide even easier operation. Convenient features include a backlight on the rear operation panel for improved operation in dark settings and an SD Memory Card slot for easy storage of user settings. A movable optical connector is also provided to reduce stress on the optical cable.
- Ergonomic Design for Easy Handling
- In response to customer requests, we have made numerous improvements over prior models. These include optimal weight balance, boosted efficiency when used with a build-up unit, and a low center of gravity for more comfortable handling. Thanks to this advanced design, the AK-HC3500 helps to reduce user fatigue while assuring exceptional efficiency both in the studio and at outdoor venues.
- Fast, Easy Mounting onto Optional Build-up Unit
- With cable-free mounting onto an optional build-up unit and minimal difference between the viewfinder's and the camera's optical axes, the AK-HC3500 provides the high maneuverability required for shooting. Just slide the camera in the build-up unit to complete mounting.
- Mounting an LCD Viewfinder Is Also Easy
- Even with an LCD viewfinder mounted on the camera, the AK-HC3500 can be mounted onto the build-up unit just by sliding it in.