The Panasonic AK-HC931B Multi-format Digital Camera is a professional studio/EFP camcorder that uses three 2/3" CCDs to shoot 1080i or 720p video at 1280 x 720 progressive resolution. With its advanced digital signal processing, high sensitivity, and spatial-offset processing, the AK-HC931B delivers clean, low-smear HD footage that minimizes moire while allowing a wide degree of control over how images are recorded. Relatively lightweight at only 10 lbs, the camera can be just as easily configured for studio as well as handheld use. When combined with the optional ability to capture 480i SD images, this makes the AK-HC931B an extremely valuable tool for professional broadcasters and newsgatherers alike.
Note! Lens, viewfinder and microphone must be purchased separately.
- Advanced Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
- Enhanced DTL (Detail) signal processing in horizontal, vertical and diagonal directions--both in dark and brightly lit areas of the image--ensure high picture quality with minimal noise. At the same time, the 12-vector variable matrix masking circuit allows precise and independent hue and saturation adjustment of individual colors.
- Exceptional Image Quality, Sensitivity and Minimum Smear
- Panasonic's latest generation CCD technology features on-chip micro-lenses and improved CCD structure to achieve an astonishing standard sensitivity exceeding F10 at 2000 lx, with an image smear specification of less than -130 dB.
- Low Power Consumption & Light Weight
- Power consumption of camera head is approximately 33W (external DC powered with optical transmission on). Heat developed in the head is vented by a direct heat-dissipation cooling system. The camera head has a silent operation construction so that the fan does not operate during normal operating conditions. Without a viewfinder, the camera head weighs approximately 10.7 lbs (4.85kg), which is significantly lighter than conventional models. The stable, low profile, low center of gravity design provides a well-balanced and steady shooting platform.
- SD Output Available at the Camera Head
- Whether operating with HD or SD outputs from the camera control unit, a standard definition (480/60i) monitoring output is available from the camera head. Thus you can use an SD monitor for some usage such as crane operation.
- Frame Synchronized RET Signal Processing
- The AK-HC931B needs no external frame synchronizer to provide RET video signals from an asynchronous source as in operating with outside broadcast trucks.
- SD Memory Card Storage/Self-diagnosis Functions
- The camera operational status can be stored on an SD memory card. It can be quickly set up from data stored on the SD memory card at any time.
- Checking of camera cable connections and recognition of the camera at the CCU can be automatically executed. In addition, trouble shooting of camera system can be performed by outputting a test signal.
- 3 User Reference files can be stored and referenced for auto set-up.
- Up to 8 scene files can be recalled without overwriting current camera data.
- Easy return to factory setup
- Back up scene files can be stored on an SD memory card.
- RS-422 Data Trunk Lines Simplify Cable Installation
- Two RS-422 control interfaces are featured as standard on the camera control unit. No additional data cables are required when using a virtual studio system or a remote controlled integration system because all relevant data are transmitted via fiber optical camera cables.
- Optical ND/CC Double Filters Available
The following ND/CC motor driven double optical filters are available for shooting in any lighting conditions:
CC filters: 3200K, 4300K, 6300K, Cross, Diffusion
ND filters: Cap, 100%, 25%, 6.3%, 1.6%