The microKEY from Korg is slim, lightweight, 37 key USB powered controller, compatible with virtually all computer music software. The 37 velocity-sensing mini keys use a "Natural Touch" key-bed and have been designed with careful attention to the touch and feel. The proportions of the black keys and white "waterfall" keys have been adjusted for optimal playability, and the key touch makes it easy to play chords, glissandos and rapid-fire phrases.
The Octave Shift buttons extend the range of the keyboard by 4 octaves in either direction. Key Transpose allows you to play in any key instantly. Used together, these two features provide access to the entire MIDI note range. For adding expression to your performance, the microKEY is equipped with both a Pitch Bend and a Modulation wheel. Two USB ports (Type A) allow you to expand your custom control center by adding any other USB device.
Free editing software is available for download, allowing you to further customize the microKEY for your production or performance system. Using the editor software, you can set the keyboard to respond to one of 8 distinct velocity curves, or set a fixed velocity value. In addition, the range of the modulation wheel can be customized by setting minimum and maximum control change values. The controller also includes (via download) 3 virtual instruments and a discount coupon for purchasing software from Ableton's Live series.
- Thin and lightweight USB MIDI keyboard
- 37 velocity-sensitive mini keys
- Comfortable and easy-to-play "Natural Touch" keyboard
- Octave Shift and Key Transpose features access the full MIDI note range
- Bend and Modulation wheels add expression to your performance
- Dual USB ports are ideal for adding other USB devices to your setup
M1 Le Software
- Limited edition of the M1 software synthesizer (included in the Korg Legacy Collection - Digital Edition) that brings to your computer the sounds of the ground-breaking M1 music workstation
- 8-part, 32 voice polyphony (hardware dependent)
- 200 presets and a user bank of 50 programs and 50 combinations
- 144 PCM waveforms (100 multi-sounds, 44 drum sounds) and 33 effect types
- Operates standalone, or as an Audio Units, RTAS, or VST plug-in instrument
- Real-time MIDI control and automation supported along with 44.1kHz to 192kHz sampling rates
- 4 outputs maximum
- Includes license for Toontrack's software drum sound module "EzDrummer Lite", giving you numerous high-quality drum sounds (download)
- Includes license for Lounge Lizard Session, the physical modeling sound module from Applied Acoustics Systems, famed for its richly expressive electric piano sounds
- Discount coupon for Ableton's Live, Live Suite, and Live LE DAW software, widely popular for its sophisticated functionality