The Sea & Sea DX-GE5 Underwater Digital Camera Sport Kit features the Sea & Sea housing that is rated to a depth of 180' (55m), along with the Sea & Sea DX-G5WP camera that is waterproof to 16' (5m). The camera is ideal for snorkeling, surfing, skiing, fishing, sailing, and even certain industrial situations without the housing. When placed in the included housing, you can document the underwater world with both still images and video. The underwater photo and video modes help you take photos that will impress your land locked friends. If your housing floods your camera will still be safe since it is waterproof.
With face, smile, and blinking recognition functions, as well as blur reduction this is a great camera to use on land as well as under the sea. The camera features a large 2.7" LCD monitor with an automatic brightness adjustment function. This makes framing easy and fun. It is also perfect for low light photography with an ISO setting up to 1600.
The Sea & Sea DX-GE5 housing allows access to all camera functions underwater. The removable diffuser softens the light from the internal flash so it is suitable for macro photography, but an external strobe will give you better results. The housing can be opened or closed when attached to a camera tray, and the retractable fiber optic cable socket will position the optional fiber optic cable so your external strobe will fire every time.
The kit includes one Sea & Sea YS-01 strobe that can be used for wide angle or macro photography. With its circular beam angle of 100 x 100° and a guide number of up to 20, it is the perfect strobe for the DX-GE5. The DS-TTL (Digital Slave TTL) feature gives you automatic exposure control or shoot in manual mode. This is easy, since it has a ten-level power dial located on the back. The YS-01 is powered by 4 AA batteries. You can get up to 330 flashes at full power with NiMH batteries. With NiMH batteries you will get a blazing fast 1.9 second recycle time so you will not miss all the action on the reef. The YS-01 has a bright 1W LED target light that is bright enough to use as a dive light on night dives. It is best to connect the strobe to the housing with the included fiber optic cable.
The Sea & Sea Sea Arm VII Compact is constructed of fiberglass-reinforced plastic resin offering a lightweight yet strong arm. With the included camera base, head adapter, double ball section medium, and 2 ball clamps this is a versatile arm for all your lighting needs. Also included is a soft camera bag, so you can transport your camera gear to your next adventure. This kit includes everything you need to nurture your creativity and allow expansion of your underwater photography skills.
- All functions of the DX-GE5 camera are available underwater
- Features fiber-optic cable connector sockets and housing can be opened when mounted on a camera tray.
- The removable diffuser softens the light from the internal flash so it is suitable for macro photography.
- Comes with an LCD monitor hood to improve LCD visibility
- Optional wide angle conversion lens can be directly attached to the housing with a specially designed bayonet mount
- Strong yet compact housing that's rated to a depth of 180' (55m)
- Waterproof down to 16' (5m) without a housing, the camera is perfect for all outdoor activities and your camera will be safe even if the housing floods.
- 12.20 effective megapixels in a 1/2.3" primary color CCD produces hi res images.
- 2.7" LCD monitor with an automatic brightness adjustment function is easy to see when checking photos while shooting or during playback. It automatically adjusts the brightness of the LCD screen to match the amount of ambient light in the area.
- Underwater photo and video modes are ideal for capturing perfect underwater images or video.
- The 4x optical zoom has a practical 38-152mm zoom range.
- Equipped with recognition functions for faces, smiles, and blinking, as well as blur reduction function makes this the perfect camera for land use as well as underwater.
- With a high sensitive ISO of 1600 the camera is suitable for low light photography
YS-01 External Flash
- Connects with a fiber optic cable and gives you DS-TTL (Digital Slave TTL automatic exposure control)
- Manual control is easy with the ten-level power dial
- Circular beam for a broad 100 x 100° angle of coverage
- Bright LED target light in center of the strobe face is bright enough for night dives
- Guide number 20 (ISO 100/m) for high power performance
- Recycle time of approximately 1.9 seconds with NiMH batteries at full power
- Included fiber optic cable fires the flash when the camera flash fires
- The included Sea Arm VII Compact is rigid to keep the strobe in the right position