The Buffalo MiniStation Stealth (500 GB) is as mobile as any laptop or netbook. It's palmable, light and powered by USB. There's no need for an AC wall socket or power cord. It's great for storing files you need to take out on the road and a simple USB connection is all that is required to store files and get power to the device. Once connected properly, a blue LED will glow, notifying that it's ready to go.
The MiniStation Stealth features Buffalo Tools, which adds protection and convenience to the file storage process. The Backup Utility software can do automatic backup and restore of files. It can also be used to backup multiple computers with a single drive. The TurboPC uses highspeed RAM from your PC to boost the transfer rates up to 2x the normal USB speed. ECO Manager regulates power to conserve energy and SecureLock gives you password protection and software data encryption. The RAMDISK allows you to generate a RAM disk on your Windows PC, which creates a fast environment where you can work on files. The Buffalo Tools combined with the MiniStation Stealth's portability, makes it a very convenient external hard drive for portable applications.
- The super slim, lightweight chassis saves space and travels well. It's also powered via USB from the computer, so it can travel anywhere with a laptop or notebook and doesn't need to be plugged in
- Compatible With Mac & PC
- The MiniStation Stealth works with several operating systems for Mac and PC. It's preformatted hard drive is ready for immediate use with both. However, only basic external hard drive functionality is supported with Mac OS; some included utilities may not work and reformatting may be required
- TurboPC & Copy
- Designed for your Windows computer, TurboPC includes two components to enhance file transfer performance with external hard drives. Utilizing the high speed RAM of your PC, TurboPC can increase file transfers by up to 2x over standard external hard drive connections, including USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. TurboPC also includes TurboCopy which provides additional system adjustments to increase performance
- USB 2.0 Interface
- You can move hundreds of megabytes of data in seconds with transfers up to 480 Mbps from the USB 2.0 port. The port is also compatible with USB 1.1
- Buffalo's Backup Utility
- Easy-to-use and fully featured, Buffalo's Backup software for Windows PCs is simple to set up and highly configurable for custom settings. It also offers Time Machine support for continuous backup of your Mac computers. Buffalo Backup protects your important files and documents by backing up to your Buffalo external hard drive. Buffalo Backup can be used to back up one or multiple computers with a single Buffalo external hard drive, and it includes a comprehensive restore function which makes restoring from backups extremely easy
- ECO Manager
- ECO Manager is an environmentally friendly energy efficiency tool designed to conserve energy by regulating the power usage of your Buffalo external hard drive at predetermined times. It can be configured to put a hard drive to sleep after a specified period of drive inactivity, increasing the hard drive's life while reducing energy usage, including laptop battery consumption
- This is a simple utility that allows you to create a RAM disk on your Windows PC. The RAM in a PC is considerably faster than its hard drive, and by using spare PC RAM to create a RAM disk, you can give your computer a small but extremely fast environment to work on files in. When you have finished working on files from the RAM disk, simply save them to your PC's hard drive or an external hard drive for long-term retention. RAMDISK can be configured to automatically save the contents of the RAM disk to a hard drive during a Windows shutdown
- SecureLock software provides complete control of the data encryption on your Buffalo external hard drive. SecureLock is used to set passwords and prompt users for access to encrypted data on MiniStation Stealth hardware based encryption models