The QuickBooks 2011 for Mac Software from Intuit is a financial management application for Mac OS X. The software features tools beneficial for use in general business applications. The included license gives you the right to install the software on one computer.
Because it was built specifically with the Mac platform in mind, QuickBooks acts much more like a native Mac application than a simple port of an existing Windows program. Its interface is similar to that of popular Apple applications, going as far as to provide Cover Flow style navigation through your documents. It works with MobileMe, the OS X Address Book, and iCal, making it easy to look up contacts and verify your schedule.
QuickBooks gives you the tools necessary to organize your finances from a central location. You'll be able to manage customer, vendor, and employee data, allowing you to organize your contacts with ease. You can track money coming in and going out, ensuring that your books are accurate. You'll be able to use it to create invoices, pay bills, and scan checks. It allows you to organize your finances in one place, making it easy to prepare for tax time.
Note! The Intuit software sold at B&H is intended for use in the US only. It is not aware of tax regulations in other countries.
Exclusive Mac Features
- Backup to MobileMe
- Prevent painful data loss by backing up your QuickBooks file to MobileMe. Choose one-time or ongoing automatic backup. You can restore it at any time.
- Synchronize Contacts with Mac OS X Address Book
- Never enter a phone number or address twice. Save typing time and errors by effortlessly synchronizing contact information between QuickBooks and your Mac Address Book, cell phone, PDA or other iSync-compatible applications. Activate QuickBooks Contact Sync, and selected contacts appear automatically in Address Book. Update a contact in Address Book -- the changes automatically appear in QuickBooks. Leave the feature active to keep contact information, including e-mail addresses, up-to-date at all times.
- Add Reminders to iCal
- QuickBooks integrates with iCal so you can be reminded to print invoices and checks or to pay bills in one consolidated calendar and never miss a bill payment. Simply check the box next to "Show in iCal" on any invoice and a reminder is added to your calendar. And if you later decide to change the payment terms on the invoice in QuickBooks, iCal is automatically updated with the new due date.
- Share Data with Your Accountant and Other Windows Users
- Share your QuickBooks data with Windows-based users, such as your accountant. Send a Mac file to a Windows user -- who can update it -- and the Windows user can send it back. Just click the toolbar icon: "Backup to QuickBooks Windows". As QuickBooks creates the backup, it simultaneously creates a PDF file of simple instructions for opening and sending back the file. Send both files to your accountant or Windows user.
- Become a More Confident QuickBooks for Mac User
- Visit Little Square, a free, online magazine created especially for QuickBooks 2011 for Mac users to help answer your questions. The magazine includes videos and columns written by QuickBooks for Mac accountants, advanced users, and the QuickBooks for Mac product team. Internet access required.
Save Time When Tracking Your Finances
- Easily Print Checks, Pay Bills and Track Expenses
- Easily print checks, pay bills, and track expenses. Aggregate all your checks to be paid and print them in one batch. QuickBooks will keep track of each check so you can keep tabs on where your money is going. Enter bills from vendors. Since QuickBooks organizes everything in one place, you'll be able to access all past payments and bills for each vendor with just a few clicks.
- Track Sales, Sales Taxes, and Customer Payments
- Get rid of piles of paperwork. Easily enter customer payments. Since QuickBooks organizes everything in one place, you'll be able to access all past payments for each customer with just a few clicks.
- Accept Credit and Debit Cards in QuickBooks
- Receive payments from customers easily using integrated credit and debit card processing.
- Manage Payroll and Payroll Taxes, and Offer Direct Deposit
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac allows you to easily manage payroll online and export data into your QuickBooks software. Optional payroll software is available to facilitate direct deposit.
- E-Mail Invoices, Estimates, Reports, and Statements
- Save time and work more efficiently when you e-mail forms to your customers and vendors.
- Track Time, Expenses, and Miles
- Make billing customers faster and easier when you track time and job costs. And use mileage tracking to stay on top of your job-related mileage for reimbursement at tax time.
- Create Professional-Looking Invoices and Forms
- Personalize forms, like estimates, invoices, and statements quickly and easily. Add logos, images, and fonts to templates and create your own custom forms.
Get Insights So You Make Better Decisions
- Organize Data All in One Place with Customer and Vendor Centers
- Find what you need, when you need it with the Customer and Vendor Centers. These Centers consolidate key information onto a single screen. The next time a customer calls with a question about his account, simply go to the Customer Center to see his contact information and complete transaction history.
- Get a Customized Overview of Your Business with the Company Snapshot
- Customize the Company Snapshot to create a personalized overview of your business and see what's most important to you.
- Purchase Multiple User Licenses and Allow Multiple Users to Work in QuickBooks at the Same Time
- Multiple-user functionality enables more than one person to work on a company file at the same time, increasing collaboration and productivity. It ensures that all users are working on the most up-to-date data.
- One-Click Business Reports
- Get pre-designed, customizable business reports to gain insights into your business. See all available reports in one screen to easily choose the right one. Drill down with one click to see the detail behind the numbers. Export any report to Excel -- your QuickBooks formatting and formulas go with it.
- Effortlessly Track Bills and Set Due-Date Reminders
- QuickBooks helps you ensure you pay your bills on time. Record bills as they come and set a reminder to make sure you pay before the due date.
- Track Inventory, Set Reorder Points and Create Purchase Orders
- Easily track your inventory to avoid overbuying and backorders. Indicate re-order points for each inventory good and turn on reminders to automatically let you know when its time to reorder.
- Download Your Bank and Credit Transactions into QuickBooks
- Save time and avoid data entry errors. Instead of typing in your bank and credit card transactions, download them securely from over 3000 participating financial institutions and easily import them into QuickBooks.
Easily Manage Your Business on a Mac
- Save Time Completing Everyday Tasks
- Save time completing everyday tasks like tracking and managing expenses, invoicing, and printing checks. Process your payroll right within QuickBooks using Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac. Save money and time by processing card transactions directly through QuickBooks for Mac with Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac.
- Stay Organized, Accurate, and on Top of Your Business
- Stay organized, accurate and on top of your business. From the Home Page to the Customer, Vendor, and Transaction Centers to the Company Snapshot, QuickBooks for Mac makes it easy to access what you need, when you need it. QuickBooks also lets you choose from over 100 standard reports to see where your business stands. And it supports both Web Connect and Direct Connect, making it easy to quickly import downloaded bank and credit card transactions from participating financial institutions into QuickBooks.
- Customize QuickBooks
- Customize QuickBooks to meet your unique needs. Personalize forms, like estimates, invoices, statements and more, by adding logos, images, and fonts with Layout Designer. Customize your toolbar to access key tasks in a single click.
- Exclusively for Mac
- Work on the platform you prefer and get the most out of your Mac -- sync your contacts with Address Book, back up files to your MobileMe account, and add reminders directly to iCal. Easily share your data with your accountant or other Windows-based users. QuickBooks 2010 for Mac requires Mac OS X 10.5.7 or 10.6.x.
- Easy to Install, Learn, and Use
- Features like Little Square, Guide Me, New Company Setup Assistant, and onscreen help make installation and configuration a snap.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Try QuickBooks for up to 60 days at no risk. If you're not 100% satisfied for any reason, please call Intuit customer service within 60 days of purchase to request a refund. To process your request, the agent will need the product license number located on the CD.
Save Time Completing Everyday Tasks
- Get All the Tools You Need
- Save time completing everyday tasks like invoicing, bill tracking, check writing and payroll. Track sales and manage expenses. Quickly create estimates, invoices and purchase orders. Track inventory, employee time, and job costs.
- Create Estimates and Invoices in Minutes
- Duplicate and edit previous estimates to create new ones without rewriting all the details. Use the date picker to quickly and easily enter dates into forms. Simply click in the date field and a pop-up calendar appears to help you select the right date. When it's time to bill your customer, turn any estimate into an invoice with one click or create a new invoice using a familiar form.
- Increase Efficiency and Save Time with a New Multi-User Solution
- Now you can purchase a new multi-user solution and allow multiple employees to access your QuickBooks data at the same time. Easily set individual user permissions for up to eight activity areas to control access to sensitive information. You can even use iChat to easily initiate chats with other employees who are sharing your QuickBooks file.
- Accept Credit and Debit Cards Directly in QuickBooks
- With Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac you can save money and time by processing card transactions directly through QuickBooks for Mac. There's no additional software to purchase, phone line to add or terminal to buy. Just process the credit card and debit card transactions directly in QuickBooks for Mac and the data is automatically recorded in your QuickBooks software.
- Run Your Payroll Right within QuickBooks Using Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac
- Handle your end-to-end payroll needs, from paychecks to tax payments and filings, directly from QuickBooks anywhere, anytime with QuickBooks Payroll for Mac. 30-day free trial, a low monthly fee and free support from payroll experts.
- Track Time and Create Time Sheets
- Save time by tracking employee billable hours with My Time time-tracking software. This free software is included with QuickBooks 2010 for Mac. My Time helps you track billable time, instantly generate timesheets, and easily import timesheet data directly into QuickBooks 2010 for Mac to reduce data entry errors.
- Track Mileage More Easily
- Save money at tax time by easily tracking job-related mileage for reimbursement with the new mileage tracking feature. Get valuable insight into your overall job costs with four new mileage reports.
- Track and Make Payments with Ease
- Paying vendors is as simple as filing out familiar on-screen checks, printing them, and dropping them in the mail.
- Track Inventory, Set Reorder Limits and Create Purchase Orders
- Track inventory automatically as you log sales. When it's time to reorder, create a purchase order with one click. Edit as needed and print. Or e-mail the purchase order as a PDF file.
- Easily Map and Obtain Directions to Your Saved Customer and Vendor Addresses
- Open up any record in the Customer or Vendor centers to access links to Google maps and directions to customer and vendor locations.
Stay Organized, Accurate and on Top of Your Business
- Access Key Tasks Quickly
- QuickBooks for Mac has a user interface designed to help you find what you need fast. The Home Page brings key tasks to one screen and uses arrows to show how they are interrelated, giving you one-click access to commonly-used tasks like creating estimates or invoices. Badges and placards, at a glance, identify select tasks that need your attention. For example, wondering if you have open invoices? Look for the red badge next to the invoice icon on the Home Page. It tells you how many invoices are open. Then simply move your mouse over the badge and a placard pops up showing you the total balance of those invoices with one click access to a report showing you the detail.
- Stay on Top of Your Business
- Get an immediate view into your bottom line the way you want to see it. Customize the Company Snapshot to create a personalized overview of your business and see what's most important to you. Choose the reports that are most crucial for your business including year-over-year expense and income comparisons, expense and income breakdowns, top customers by sales, and more.
- Locate Critical Data Fast
- Find what you need, when you need it with the Customer, Vendor, and Transaction Centers. These Centers consolidate key information onto a single screen. The next time a customer calls with a question about his account, simply go to the Customer Center to see his contact information and complete transaction history.
- Keep an Eye on the Bottom Line
- Access over 100 customizable reports in the Report Center and quickly see where you're making and spending money. Scroll or search to find the report you need. The Report Center tracks your Favorites, manages your Memorized reports, and helps get you up and running with Suggested reports.
- Easily Import Downloaded Bank and Credit Card Transactions
- Save time and avoid data entry errors. Instead of typing in your bank and credit card transactions download them from over 3000 participating financial institutions that support either Web Connect or Direct Connect, and easily import them into QuickBooks.
- Streamline Estimating and Invoicing, and Get Paid Faster
- Click a button to turn any invoice, estimate, purchase order, or report into a PDF file. Attach it to an e-mail22 and send it off right away, or group your mail-ready forms together and send everything off in one batch when it's most convenient for you. Either way, you won't have to wait for the post office to deliver.
Customize QuickBooks to Meet Your Unique Needs
- Create Your Own Custom Forms Using Layout Designer
- Personalize forms, like estimates, invoices, and statements quickly and easily with the improved Layout Designer. Add logos, images, and fonts. New tools make it easy to crop images and align fields. No time to customize? Choose from a variety of new, ready-made templates and instantly look more professional.
- Customize Your Toolbar to Access Key Tasks in a Single Click
- Choose from over 40 icons to customize your toolbar for quick access to the tasks that you do most often. Resize and reposition the toolbar to fit with how you work.
- Quickly Customize Reports
- Use the Report Center to preview report templates and quickly find the report you need. Select a report to see a preview. Sort, reorder or hide columns. Set date ranges and filter as needed.
Exclusively for Mac
- Work on the Platform you Prefer
- Designed from the ground up by Mac engineers, and built for Mac OS X Snow Leopard, QuickBooks for Mac looks and works like a Mac, with familiar printing, preferences, and customization. It operates as you'd expect and looks as clean as the Mac you run it on.
- Change Settings Easily
- QuickBooks for Mac Preferences now has a true Mac look and feel. It's similar to the System Preferences you're used to using. Quickly find the setting you need using the built-in search box.
- Share Your Data with Your Accountant or Other Windows Users
- Send your QuickBooks data to your Windows-based accountant and open the updated file on your Mac.
- Keep Contacts Organized and Up-to-Date
- Synchronize contacts automatically with OS X Address Book or with other iSync-compatible applications. Update a contact in QuickBooks and Address Book is updated instantly -- and vice versa.
- Play It Safe with MobileMe
- Prevent painful data loss by backing up your QuickBooks file to MobileMe. Choose one-time or ongoing automatic backup. You can restore it at any time.
- Add Reminders and To-Dos Directly to iCal
- Stay on top of due dates and create reminders to invoice customers in iCal. Any changes you make to the original transaction in QuickBooks will also be reflected in iCal.
- Export Report Data to Your Favorite Spreadsheet Program
- Now you can export QuickBooks report data to both Excel and Numbers.
Easy to Set Up, Learn, and Use
- Become a More Confident QuickBooks User with Little Square
- Whether you're new to QuickBooks for Mac or a more seasoned user, Little Square is a free, online resource created just for you. Access advice-driven content written by accountants, advanced users, and product experts.
- Get Up and Running Quickly and Confidently
- Go from installing QuickBooks for Mac to creating your first invoice faster than ever before. It only takes a few screens to create your company file with the New Company Setup Assistant. And Guide Me helps you quickly become familiar with key tasks (like creating invoices) until you're ready to start working on your own. While you're learning, let Live Community connect you with other QuickBooks for Mac users to help you get the answers you need.
- Enter Data into Familiar Forms
- QuickBooks uses onscreen forms that look like the checks, invoices and sales receipts you use every day. The moment you see them, you'll know how to use them.
- Quickly Access Comprehensive Help Whenever You Need It
- The QuickBooks Help feature enables you to simply type a question and quickly receive detailed help, tips and troubleshooting information right within QuickBooks.
- Upgrade Quickly, Easily and Accurately
- Easily import data from previous versions of QuickBooks for Mac, QuickBooks for Windows, New User Edition or Quicken for Mac.
- Get Help When You Need It
- Intuit offers a variety of free resources to help you find fast answers and get back to business. Get instant answers using QuickBooks in-product Help. Visit the Intuit Community to connect with other users and experts to ask questions and share advice. Or, search or browse the QuickBooks Support Website with thousands of detailed support topics and frequently asked questions. Personalized assistance from QuickBooks experts is also available for a fee.