The SurCode for Dolby E Stream Player from Minnetonka is a plug-in that delivers real-time decoding capability for all of the post-production participants, even when they are only equipped for stereo. The plug-in automatically decodes Dolby E and performs a real-time downmix to stereo using Dolby E metadata parameters.
As a complement to a complete Dolby E workflow, or a low cost quality control solution for the production chain, the player easily integrates the Dolby E format into existing workflows across platforms and applications, providing more choice for video post production professionals.
The plug-in is a problem solver for broadcasters, contractors, second units, location crews and anyone who needs to incorporate Dolby E into their workflow without the bulk and expense of full surround.
Supported Platforms and Formats:
- Media Composer 5 (Mac/Windows)
- Pro Tools RTAS (Mac/Windows)
- VST (Mac/Windows)
- AudioTools AWE (Mac)
Note! iLok required if one is not present on the system.
- Real-time decoding of a Dolby E file and Dolby E live input stream (host dependent)
- Real-time downmixing of 5.1 to stereo
- Downmix parameters taken directly from Dolby E metadata for a true emulation
- Real-time program selection during playback
- Adjustable downmix headroom control
- Full Dolby E metadata display
- Export metadata to XML or text file
- RTAS (Media Composer and Pro Tools), VST (Nuendo, Pyramix, Fairlight and Sequoia), Audio Units, Final Cut Pro, and AudioTools AWE