The Bretford 25.5 x 42 x 23.75" Antimicrobial PAL Cart is a unique piece of office furniture. Not only is it functional but it is coated with an exclusive finish that works to inhibit the growth of fungus and mold - a real benefit when it comes to office health and concerns about contamination.
This cart was intended to store media equipment such as a data projector, DVD player, MP3 player and other such items. The racks rails will hold a wide variety of gear such as power systems, computers - and there is additional space for a speaker. This unit was ergonomically design with space in mind. The pull out shelf is used at standing height. The door to the cabinet all lock and are designed for rapid access to the gear either from front or back. There is even a projector pull out shelf that retracts into the cabinet when not needed.
The unit is constructed of durable 18-gauge steel and is supported by four swivel casters (two locking) rated at 115 lb each. The built-in cabinet features 3 doors that all lock. One door can be used as a flip-down projector door to be used during presentations. As an added safety feature, the doors are all perforated to aid in heat dissipation.The pull out data projector shelf is set at 31.75 and is 16.5 x 14.5 (HD). The shelf has a 6" projector height clearance when retracted inside the upper cabinet. The shelf should be extended from the cart when in use to allow projectors to dissipate heat more effectively when in use. When extended, the shelf pulls out 13" from the cart.
Finally, the Antimicrobial Data Projector Cart is environmentally friendly since 25-30% is constructed from recyclable material. Steel components are finished in Microbe Barrier Technologies powder paint that is reclaimable and greatly reduces volatile organic compounds. The cart's steel components are fully recyclable at the end of the product life cycle. Carts are entirely manufactured in the United States reducing the carbon footprint compared to carts imported from overseas.
- Antimicrobial Finish
- Features a colorless and odorless finish that inhibits the growth of noxious fungus and mildew and that is useful for the life of the product
- Cabinet Construction
- Features a welded cabinet assembly comprised of 18-gauge steel 1" square tube corner supports which are welded to an 18-gauge steel top shelf with 18-gauge steel stiffener, an 18-gauge steel middle shelf, and an 18-gauge steel bottom shelf. All three shelves include a 3" diameter grommet hole on the left centered side of the cart. A full length left and right side panel are 18-gauge steel and welded in place. The left side panel includes a dual gang cut out at the top for the installation of a pass through plate, a side handle which extends 2-3/4" off at the top shelf, and a cord winder at the bottom section. The dual gang cut out is covered with an 18-gauge steel plate when no pass through is used. Two left side panel holes are included to mount an optional external electrical unit, model E-UNIT or ES-UNIT, half way down the panel
- A full-length 18-gauge steel rear door provides rear access and is formed to wrap around to secure to the side panel with a magnet when the cart is in use. The front includes a flip down projector door at the top and a half cord access door at the bottom. Both front doors are constructed from 18-gauge steel. All three doors include a key lock assembly for security and all doors are keyed alike. All doors and side panels are perforated to allow electronic equipment to ventilate when in use
- 19" Rack Mount Rails
- Each cart includes one set of 19" rack mount rails with 14 unit spacing. Two 17.5 x 14.5" (WD) accessory shelves are included for non-rack mounted equipment. Each accessory shelf uses 2 units of rack space when installed
- Pull Out Notebook Shelf
- Pull out notebook shelf is set at 39"H and is 19"W x 11-3/4"D. Pull out notebook shelf extends 11-3/4" from the back side and mounts directly below the top shelf inside the cabinet. The shelf is only accessible when the full length rear door is open. The notebook shelf may be used as a flat surface or turned over for a tray. When used as a tray the shelf provides temporary storage space for notebook computers. PAL is not designed to be used for long term storage of notebook computers. Notebook computers should be stored and charged in the lower cabinet for proper ventilation.
- Pull Out Projector Shelf
- Pull out data projector shelf is set at 31.75 and is 16.5 x 14.5" (HWD). Shelf has a 6" projector height clearance when retracted inside the upper cabinet. The shelf should be extended from the cart when in use to allow projectors to dissipate heat more effectively when in use. When extended the shelf pulls out 13" from the cart
- Carts use 4" diameter stem casters and may be ordered with plastic twin wheel casters or hard rubber casters. All casters swivel, two include a locking brake, and all are rated for 115 lb each
- Environmentally Friendly
- Constructed using "prime" steel that has a 25 to 35% post-consumer recycled steel content