The SmartAVI VW-12XAS PresenterWall 4 x 3 is a server unit that allows you to stream images from its 100GB SATA hard drive, or external USB drive across to a 4 x 3 sized video wall. The unit can accommodate the Intel Core 2 Extreme processor and supports up to 2GB of DDR3 RAM, which provides lag-less frame rates across all displays.
An ATI Radeon HD3850 GPU provides crisp images across the 12 VGA ports with resolutions of up to 1920 x 1200 for each port and the internal Intel G45 IGP supports video inputs up to 1600 x 1200. Audio output is provided by a Realtek ALC888 module that provides high definition 7.1 channel audio.
The software for the VW-12XAS is based on the Microsoft Windows XP SP3 operating system, and as a result, supports a wide range of media formats such as JPEG, Quicktime, and Adobe Flash. The familiar features of the Windows XP interface greatly simplify tasks and users can in no time learn how to fully utilize the VW-12XAS. The software can communicate with each monitor separately to provide 12 different displays or can be grouped together in any combination to provide a stretched or tiled image.
As opposed to many similar systems that use proprietary components, the VW-12XAS uses only common PC components making for easy upgrades.
- 12 VGA video output ports (4 x 3)
- Ability to display images individually or as a stretched/tiled image
- Support for Intel Core2 Extreme, Quad and Duo processors (FSB 1333/1066/800)
- 2GB (2x 1GB) PC3-8500 DIMM DDR3 RAM
- Realtek ALC888 HD 7.1 channel audio
- 12 port PCI-E ATI Radeon HD3850 GPU with support for 1920 x 1200 for each port
- Intel G45 IGP supporting 1600 x 1200 video-in
- 100GB SATA hard drive • Ultra LSP650 650W power supply
- Based on Microsoft Windows XP SP3
- User-friendly interface based on Microsoft Windows
- Can control all the monitors independently or as a group
- 4U rack mount chassis
- Support for any 12 x 10" motherboard
- Can be upgraded with common PC components