The SmartAVI VW-12XDS PresenterWall 4 x 3 is a server unit that allows you to stream images from its 100 GB SATA hard drive, optical drive or external USB drive across to a 4 x 3 sized video wall. The unit can accommodate the Intel Core 2 Extreme processor and supports up to 2 GB of DDR3 RAM, which provides lag-less frame rates across all displays.
An ATI Radeon HD3850 GPU provides crisp images across the 12 DVI ports with resolutions of up to 1920 x 1200 for each port and the internal Intel G45 IGP supports video inputs up to 1600 x 1200. Audio output is provided by a Realtek ALC888 module that provides high definition 7.1 channel audio.
The software for the VW-12XDS is based on the Microsoft Windows XP SP3 operating system, and as a result, supports a wide range of media formats such as JPEG, Quicktime and Adobe Flash. The familiar features of the Windows XP interface will greatly simplify tasks and users can in no time learn how to fully utilize the VW-12XDS. The software can communicate with each monitor separately to provide 12 different displays or can be grouped together in any combination to provide a stretched or tiled image.
As opposed to many similar systems that use proprietary components, the VW-12XDS uses only common PC components making for easy upgrades.
- 12 DVI video output ports (4 x 3)
- Ability to display images individually or as a stretched/tiled image
- Accepts media files from optical drives, internal hard drive or external USB drives
- Support for Intel Core2 Extreme, Quad and Duo processors (FSB 1333/1066/800)
- 2 GB (2x 1GB) PC3-8500 DIMM DDR3 RAM
- Realtek ALC888 HD 7.1 channel audio
- 12 port PCI-E ATI Radeon HD3850 GPU with support for 1920 x 1200 for each port
- Intel G45 IGP supporting 1600 x 1200 video-in
- Based on Microsoft Windows XP SP3
- User-friendly interface based on Microsoft Windows
- Can control all the monitors independently or as a group
- 4U rack mount chassis
- Support for any 12 x 10" motherboard
- Can be upgraded with common PC components