The Mic Mod EFX from Antares is a native based plug-in that contains digital models of a wide variety of historical classic and exotic microphones, allowing the user to get the sounds of these microphones without the staggering cost of obtaining the real things.
Using patented Spectral Shaping Tool technology, the company has created precise digital models of these microphones - simply tell the plug-in what microphone is actually being used and what microphone you want it to sound like. It's as simple as that.
With the over 125 microphones models available, it's possible to record each track through a model of the specific microphone that best suites the program material. It can also be used in live performance to get the sound of microphones you'd never consider using on stage. Or it can be used during mixing to change a previously recorded track.
In addition to the basic modeling the plug-in delivers control of each microphone's specific options. If for example, the microphone offers a low cut filter, it's included. Close or far placement can also be affected and tube saturation added using the company's WARM Tube Saturation Generator.
- Source Microphone and Modeled Microphone
- Simply select the microphone being used (or used during your original recording) and the microphone you want it to sound like
- Proximity Effect
- A bass boost that results from placing a directional microphone in close proximity to a signal source (e.g., a singer's lips)
- Using the Mic Mod EFX's Proximity controls, it's possible to actually create the effects of different microphone distances based on the specific physical properties of each individual model
- Low Cut Filter
- If the source microphone has a low-cut filter, its setting can be entered in the Source Mic Low Cut menu - if your selected modeled microphone has a low-cut filter, you can model the effects of any of its settings with the Modeled Mic Low Cut menu
- Pickup Pattern
- If the source microphone has variable pickup patterns, those setting can be entered in the Source Mic Low Cut menu - if your selected modeled microphone has variable pickup patterns, you can experiment with the effects of any of its patterns
- Tube Saturation
- Based on the same technology as the company's WARM Tube Saturation Generator, the Saturation control lets you give your track the warmth of a high-quality tube pre-amp
- Modeled Microphones
C414B/ULS Limited Edition Gold
C414B/ULS Modified by Audio Upgrades
C 12 VR
Ultravoice ECM 8000
M-500 Limited Edition Classic
U 87 70th Anniversary Gold Edition
Large Vintage Ribbon
Small Vintage Ribbon
U-47 (Original Tube)