Snapper 2 from Audio Ease is a very handy audio utility that is especially useful for post production work, where large amounts of audio files are a fact of life. At its simplest level, the Snapper window opens immediately when any audio file is selected in the Finder or in iTunes. The file is played back by hitting the space bar, or automatic playback occurs if the auto-play mode is selected. The latter function makes auditioning large audio resources a breeze.
New files can be created from the original file simply by dragging a section back into the folder, or an mp3 or m4a can be created, and either placed in the same folder, or automatically attached to a new email. Files and selections from files can be placed directly to the cursor of a sequencer or audio editor. The software recognizes split stereo and 5.1 surround files, files with video and over 50 more file types, compressed or professional.
An information table adjacent to the waveform-display provides as much or as little information about the file's properties as required. This is set from Snapper's preferences menu and includes a wide variety of choices. Here the user can choose whether regions, markers or loops are displayed. Also, the largest sample in each file is indicated with its corresponding loudness value indicated. This allows for a quick check of any clipping that may has occurred.
Note! This item is for registered owners of Snapper 1 who wish to upgrade to Snapper 2.
- Audio file auditioning, export and conversion utility
- Opens over 50 sound file formats
- Follows Finder selection, snapping to the bottom of the Finder window, and also shows up when selecting a song in an iTunes library
- Space bar or double-click triggers file playback
- Auto-play option plays any waveform on selection, perfect for auditioning large file libraries
- Dragging out a file from the Snapper window automatically creates new file
- Audio inside a video file also playable with video displaying in dedicated window
- Uploads files directly to Pro Tools timeline at the cursor position or to the region bin
- Stereo files can be split into separate .L and .R files, or vice versa
- Turn any selection into an mp3 file or convert to mp4 and attach it to an email with a single click
- Exports to AIFF, WAV, BWF, mp3 or m4a
- New in Version 2
- Much improved integration with Snow Leopard
- Spot-to-cursor of Nuendo, Cubase, Logic and ProTools
- Drag selections anywhere, into tracks or even iChat.
- Even smaller CPU footprint compared to previous version
- Waveforms that look better and appear and scroll quicker
- Loop playback
- 64-bit file support
- Trim tool, fades and normalizing
- Varispeed playback without pitch shift
- Recent files tab