The Sony VPL-EX120 XGA LCD Data Projector is priced like an entry level projector but one look at its features and specs and you'll agree that's it's anything but.
This is a full-featured, 2,600 lumen, 2,500:1 contrast ratio projector. Its 0.63" 3LCD imaging panels (the parts that create the image) deliver sharp, bright images with superior detail. Smooth, seamless color combined with an unparalleled grayscale range deliver incredible detail to every image displayed by the VPL-EX120.
If we wanted to add a descriptor to the VPL-EX120's name, a good one might be Eco (economy). This is a projector that will keep saving you money after the initial purchase. Savings start with the light source. Sony has employed a 210W high-pressure mercury lamp with a projected life of 6,000 hours in Low mode, which is synchronized with the long-lasting filter so that both are replaced at the same time. This saves precious minutes of downtime during feature films or presentations. The Eco menu, which allows Low, Standard and High operation, is easily accessed on the projector keypad or the remote control. Other energy saving features include low power consumption and a Power Saving mode which shuts down the projector if no signal is detected in 10 minutes. The highly-efficient front fan exhaust enables what Sony calls Off and Go, which virtually eliminates cool-down time and has you packed and off to your next destination immediately.
The VPL-EX120 also has the international credentials you've come to expect in more expensive projectors. It's got a world-ready 100 to 240 volt 50 / 60Hz power supply. It can handle NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL-60 and SECAM video signals and it has a 20 language onscreen display (OSD). The VPL-EX120 also decodes and displays closed captioning from programming that provides it, benefiting those in your audience with hearing impairments. It also helps people with native languages other than English as well as those in noisy environments such as gyms and trade shows.
Lastly, just to make sure that the lightweight VPL-EX120 doesn't depart without leaving a forwarding address, security is provided by anti-theft anchor points, as well as password and keypad lockouts.
- Cost-efficient, Energy-efficient Design
- By incorporating a newly developed high-performance lamp and advanced lamp-control technology, the VPL-EX120 delivers an extremely long lamp replacement time of 6,000 hours.
- Lamp and Filter Synchronized Maintenance
- When it's time to clean the air filter, a reminder message is clearly displayed on screen. Like the lamp, the air filter has an approximate 6,000-hour cleaning cycle. The filter only needs to be cleaned when the lamp is changed, saving maintenance effort and cost.
- Eco Mode Button
- With a single push of the Eco mode button on either the projector or the supplied Remote Commander unit, users can switch to the Eco setting.
- Power Saving Mode
- If no signal is input for 10 minutes, the projector lamp will automatically turn off.
- Low Power Consumption
- The VPL-EX120 offers remarkably low power consumption, allowing users to make significant savings on their electricity expenses.
- Simple Projector Replacement
- The standard 1.3x zoom lens enables installation flexibility when replacing an existing projector with the VPL-EX120. There's no need to change ceiling mount positions.
- 3LCD Projection Offers Brilliant Color Performance
- The VPL-EX120 offers high picture quality and brightness, thanks to the combination of an advanced generation of inorganic LCD panels that utilize Sony's BrightEra technology with a 3LCD projection system.
- 12-bit 3D Gamma Correction
- The VPL-EX120 incorporates 12-bit 3D Gamma Correction circuitry to perform highly accurate gamma correction, achieving smoother gradations and a richer gray scale.
- I / P Conversion and Film Mode
- The video signal processing technology that Sony has incorporated in the VPL-EX120 offers I / P conversion and 2 - 3 pull-down to generate high-quality images with outstanding clarity.
- XGA Resolution
- XGA resolution of 1,024 x 768 contains 60% more pixels compared to SVGA resolution of 800 x 600. As a result, XGA resolution delivers much greater detail and finer images.
- Off and Go
- Once a presentation is complete, the VPL-EX120 can be immediately moved to the next location, simply by turning it off and unplugging the AC power cord. There's no need to wait for the fan to stop.
- Front Exhaust
- Users can run an optimum presentation even in a quiet environment, and participants seated to the side of the projector are not bothered by hot air and noise.
- Image Freeze
- The Image Freeze function can display a freeze frame to allow the presenter to prepare or switch to the next image.
- Other Features
- Auto Keystone Adjustment corrects any trapezoidal distortion automatically
- Picture Muting: If the picture needs to be turned off momentarily, all it takes is a single button-press on the remote control
- 6 Picture Modes: Six picture modes (Dynamic, Standard, Game, Living, Cinema and Presentation) can be selected to suit the nature of the source material
- Security Pack: Security lock (password and mechanical), security bar, and panel key lock
- Direct Power On / Off: Direct power control using a circuit breaker on the switch board
- High Altitude Mode: For reliable projector operation at high altitude
- Closed Captioning: Official teletext broadcasting, developed by the NCI, USA
- English, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Arabic, Persian