The Aquatica 7D Underwater Housing with Dual Fiber Optic Cable Ports can get you in the water with your Canon 7D right away. Machined from a solid block of lightweight military-grade anodized aluminum that's been finished with a tough weather- and wear-resistant powder coating, this housing is rated to 300' (90 m). The 7D housing provides easy access to the video function controls as well as all still photography functions, and it has a mounting bayonet that accepts existing Aquatica accessories and ports, including the Megadome.
The housing includes two options for connecting your strobes. You have a traditional single Nikonos manual bulkhead connector. You can connect 2 strobes to this with a dual (Y) sync cord. You also have a single optical cable connector. Just pop up the camera's built-in flash to use Sea & Sea or Inon underwater strobes with fiber optic cables. Use the included Sea & Sea adapter to attach a single Sea & Sea fiber optic cable, or use the included Inon adapter to attach two Inon fiber optic cables to the single port. There is even a push button on the housing to release the flash in the up position. Never lose images again because you forgot to pop up the internal flash. There is also a lever to shut down the internal flash, this allows you to quickly shoot ambient light images and easily return to flash photography at the push of a button.
The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system. The Aquatica 7D has a viewfinder that shows a big and bright image. For the ultimate in viewing the optional Aqua View Finder is available for precise focusing and exact composition.
Note: Requires Lens port
Also Note: Most zoom lenses require a close-up diopter filter to correct focus distance.
- Optical Fiber Strobe Connectors
- Pop up the camera's built-in flash to use Sea & Sea or Inon underwater strobes with fiber optic cables. Use the included Sea & Sea adapter to attach a single Sea & Sea fiber optic cable, or use the included Inon adapter to attach two Inon fiber optic cables to the single port.
- Nikonos Manual Bulkhead
- A traditional single Nikonos manual bulkhead connector allows you to attach a single Nikonos sync cord or 2 strobes with a dual (Y) sync cord.
- Bayonet Port
- A positive four-point bayonet mounting and a locking mechanism leave no doubt that your ports are securely in place and watertight. The bayonet system dome, macro ports and extension rings offer the fastest and most comprehensive access to the lenses for rapid lens changing without having to remove the camera from the housing. This housing allows use of lenses from a 10mm/180° fisheye lens to a 200mm macro lens. Tele-converter port extensions are also available separately.
- Buttons have been angled 20° and extended when needed for better ergonomics--knobs are now grooved and knurled for optimum operation when wearing thick gloves.
- Available separately as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessory bulkhead mounting holes.
- Fingertip access to all camera menus and video controls includes On-Off, Live View mode, Record On/Off, Exposure Mode, bracketing, meter positioning and focus control, AF activation and lock access via a single easy access lever. Access to all menu features includes Review, Enlarge and Delete, Histogram and internal SLR preferences.
- Lens Release
- A lever is provided for easy lens changing through the front port with camera installed.
- Remote Control Grip
- Available as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessory bulkhead mounting holes.
- Viewing Eye Piece
- The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system. The Aquatica 7D has a viewfinder that shows a big and bright image.