The Sony VPL-FX35 XGA Installation Projector is a workhorse which Sony likes to refer to as "reliable" and "solid" in various publications. With 5,000 lumens of brightness and a 2,000:1 contrast ratio, it's safe to add powerful to its list of attributes. This is the projector you want for large venues and permanent installations to project 1,024 x 768 images on screens up 600" (15.2 m) with or without ambient light.
Thanks to its 0.79" 3LCD projection panels, the VPL-FX35 creates vivid, lifelike images in fine detail. 3LCD technology delivers sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. But Sony has improved upon it with its BrightEra technology, which offers even higher brightness with improved reliability, increased contrast and reduced flicker.
Of course the VPL-FX35 has the features you've come to expect from a high-quality installation projector. It can display 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition images and its international capabilities include automatic selection and projection NTSC, PAL, and SECAM signals. It also has a world-ready 100 - 240 volt AC 50 / 60 Hz power supply which operates virtually anywhere there's electricity.
VPL-FX35' s wide connectivity includes DVI-D, S-Video, and composite as well as a variable audio line-out to balance external speaker levels, as well as a monitor output for an auxiliary display. The VPL-FX35 is equipped to use your local network (LAN) thanks to its RJ-45 (Ethernet) jack. You can make presentations from any PC on your network as well as managing, monitoring and controlling it remotely. You can also send important announcements like scheduling information to several VPL-FX35s in multiple locations. They, in turn can email you individual status data detailing conditions like excessively high temperature, imminent lamp burn-out and other maintenance issues.
For such an amazingly bright projector your VPL-FX35 gets by on a minimum of energy. In Standard operating mode it consumes a maximum of only 380 watts to pump out those 5,000 lumens of projector power. In Standard Standby that drops way down to 11 watts and in Low Standby mode it draws less than 0.15W.
Power, reliability and functionality make the VPL-FX35 the ideal choice for permanent installations.
- Installation Flexibility
- With the FX35's wide zoom standard lens, it's possible to keep the same mount position if upgrading from an older model. A centered lens makes it easy to calculate symmetric installation. Compatibility with current optional lenses (VPLL-Z1024 and VPLL-Z1032) accommodates a wide range of throw requirements.
- Superior Image Quality with 5,000 Lumens at a 2,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- An outstanding color light output of 5,000 lumens and a high contrast ratio of 2,000:1 means a brighter, sharper picture. A wide lens shift range minimizes picture degradation and distance recalculation caused by using keystone correction. 12-bit 3D Digital Gamma Correction reproduces gradation in greater detail. High resolution via the All Range Crisp Focus Lens with HD compatibility delivers crisp images.
- Quiet and Unobtrusive
- Outfitted with a white, flat cabinet and a connector panel located on the lower face front that hides the connectors and cables, the VPL-FX35 seems to blend into the ceiling when mounted. It also produces minimal fan noise, so the overall effect is unobtrusive.
- 3LCD Projection System
- Because the VPL-FX35 uses a 3LCD projection system, images are bright and natural. 3LCD technology uses LCD panels made of a substance known as high-temperature polysilicon or HTPS. The system provides high light transmission and excellent color reproduction. It also provides smooth gradients in dark areas, and even helps prevent color breakup.
- Eco-Friendly Features
- Replace lamps less frequently with a long expected lamp replacement time of 4,000 - 5,000 hours. Sony's optical engine featuring BrightEra with Longer Lasting Optics provides improved optical efficiency. More light is projected onto the screen at less lamp power, requiring smaller lamps which are less expensive, produce less heat and use less electricity.
- Other Convenience Features
- Features include Closed Captioning, Digital Zoom, Picture Muting, Direct Power On/Off, Network Control and Monitoring.
- Maintenance Made Easy
- When it's time to replace the lamp, a message appears onscreen. You can replace the lamp and clean the filter quickly and easily without uninstalling the projector since both are accessible from the rear. And the FX35's dust protection system makes for an advanced long filter cleaning cycle, which means less frequent filter changes.