Lighting for Film and Television is an in-depth course in the basics of lighting for cinema. Emmy award-winning producer Barry Green joined by co-host David Jimerson, take you through what you need to know to start seeing great lighting in your own projects. There's alot to learn here with much detail. Using simple instruction, humor, hands-on examples, interviews and some graphics, you'll come away with more than an overview of lighting.
You'll also get to watch two award-winning short films made specifically for this DVD set - Jack Daniel Stanley's "A Little Mouth to Feed" and "Unawakening". After the films, you'll hear from the creator as to how he created his vision for the lighting schemes. In addition, you'll get detailed specifics about lighting setups. Finally, you'll get an interview with veteran cinematographer, Levie Isaacks, A.S.C.
- Three things which will get you 80% of the way there
- Understanding shadows and hard and soft light
- Understanding exposure and how to know you're getting it right
- Lighting technique
- Setting a mood and meeting artistic goals
- Professional lighting fixtures and gear