The HD5 5.6" Field Monitor from Manhattan LCD is an LCD display with high enough resolution to display 720p natively – and it's light enough to mount directly to your camcorder or DSLR. The 1 lb (0.5 kg) monitor has a native resolution of 1280 x 800 and displays video formats from SD to HD, 480i to 1080p - including PAL and NTSC as well as most imaginable HD and computer formats via component, VGA, and dual HDMI inputs. (The display also has a composite video input for 480i.)
The 5.6" HD5 field monitor includes a special aspect ratio for the Canon 50D, 60D, 5D, T2I, and T3I cameras. These popular cameras are difficult to use with standard field monitors, as the cameras' preview and record modes require a custom aspect ratio to display the picture without distortion. The monitor's "DSLR Rec" is an automatic aspect ratio that corrects Canon DSLR record and preview modes, providing a proper picture.
The monitor's False Color feature transforms video brightness to a colored scale that helps the operator in setting a camera's exposure. As the camera's exposure is adjusted, the picture changes colors based on brightness levels. Once this setting is locked in, you will know you are getting suitable exposure without expensive equipment.
Peaking (focus assist) shows you the position of the camera's focal plane. As you rack the focus back and forth you can see objects come in and out of focus by way of a bright white outline. Other convenient features include upgradeable firmware, NTSC/PAL auto-detect, and two 1/4"-20 mounting threads - one on top, one on bottom, for increased versatility.
Other convenient features include upgradeable firmware, NTSC/PAL switchability (with auto-detect), and two 1/4"-20 mounting threads. An optional sun hood is also available.
This version of the monitor includes a plate for a Canon BP series battery.
- The monitor's LCD controller has a firmware-upgradable processor chipset from industry leader Pixelworks. The HD5 is software-upgradable so you can take advantage of new features being added as the software evolves
- The monitor is completely digital, from the TFT screen to the driver board. High-speed triple ADC supports NTSC/PAL/SECAM, including all substandards. There's an adaptive five-line comb filter, and it processes at 1 billion colors
- For viewing on a moving camera at ever-changing and awkward angles, the screen's super-wide 170° (left/right) x 170° (up/down) viewing angles leave very little room for improvement
- Advanced picture and image controls (refer to Specifications)
- 1:1 pixel mapping for more precise focus, plus 16:9, 4:3, Fill to Aspect, and Fill All
- Over/under-scan, aspect guides, screen markers
- Supports 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p at 24/25/30/50/60 Hz
- HDMI colorspace supports YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2 and RGB 4:4:4 at 8/10/12-bit