The LMD-1541W 15" Wide Screen High-Grade LCD Monitor belongs to Sony's LUMA series of high-performance displays, offering an outstanding 1280 x 768 image with bright, accurate colors, high contrast, and ultra-wide viewing angles. With its slim, lightweight body and bezel it's ideal for monitor-wall installation in both OB vans and studios. The In-Monitor Display (IMD) functions, advanced marker settings, and variety of analog and digital inputs provide a high degree of flexibility to suit a range of applications. Meanwhile the color accuracy afforded by Sony's ChromaTRU technology and White Balance Calibration makes color matching between monitors easier and more precise--especially important when tiling multiple displays.
- Slim Bezel: Ideal for Monitor Walls
- Slim bezels of robust aluminum and compact chassis make this monitor perfect for monitor walls in studio control rooms and OB vans.
- Efficient Controls
- Operation is easy with a rotary switch and seven assignable buttons. LED indicators for the buttons enable error-free operation, even in dark environments. The LEDs can be switched off for minimum distraction.
- In-monitor Display (IMD)
- This monitor supports the TSL UMD protocol for on-screen display of two tally lamps plus dynamic text information received via Ethernet. The monitor can display up to 16 Unicode characters, including Roman letters, numbers, symbolic codes and Japanese letters. Both the text color and the tally lamp color are separately selectable either in preset white, red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, magenta, amber, or in a custom color.
- Ideal CRT Replacement
- The LMD-1541W is close to a drop-in replacement for Sony's most popular 14" CRT monitor, the PVM-14L2. The LMD-1541W is 3" (7.5mm) lower and only 1.1" (2.7mm) wider, with almost identical viewable area height.
- NLE and Office Viewing
- The monitor serves editing and office viewing with optional stands, the SU-561 and SU-562.
- Waveform Monitor, Audio Level Meter & Timecode Display
- On-screen displays include video waveform plus two-channel audio-level meter. For SDI sources, there's a choice of LTC or VITC timecode and the option to display an eight-channel level meter for SDI-embedded audio.
- Remote Control Options
- Control up to 32 monitors and up to four control units via Ethernet connection. You can remotely select inputs and outputs, and adjust a wide range of settings. You're free to adjust individual monitors, groups of monitors or all connected monitors simultaneously. The monitors also support selected functions of the BKM-16R remote control unit for BVM-L/PVM-L Series. Supported functions include Power On/Off and Input Select.
- ChromaTRU Consistency, AWB Calibration
LCD panels can vary from unit to unit, a serious concern in professional environments. Sony solves the issue with ChromaTRU color processing, which operates at 10-bit precision. First Color Space Conversion electrically converts
the native LCD primaries to their CRT equivalents. Then White Balance Calibration emulates the color and gamma of CRT monitors, achieving broadcast standards (SMPTE-C, EBU, and ITU-R BT.709). Sony even calibrates RGB gamma for each and every LCD panel along 208 points. Sony stores this calibration data in the monitor's memory for meticulous white balance from corner to corner. As a result, you'll enjoy consistent color and steady color temperature across the grayscale--approaching the performance of Sony BVM-L and PVM-L evaluation monitors.
To keep calibration up to spec, Sony provides Auto White Balance Calibration, which works in combination with a PC and calibration tools like the X-Rite i1Pro series.
- Advanced Marker Settings
- For framing reference, the monitor can display a center marker, aspect markers, and safety zone markers.
- Scan Mode Selection
- You can select Normal, 5% Over scan, Full scan, and Native scan modes, depending on the signal format. You can also switch the aspect ratio between 16:9 and 4:3 according to the input signal. And when a 1080i or 1080p signal is input, the LMD-1541W Native Scan image can be shifted in five patterns: center, top-left, top-right, bottom-right, and bottom-left.
- Input Versatility
- The LMD-1541W is equipped with a built-in interface including two SDI (3G/HD/SD-SDI), one composite, and one HDMI input.
- Other Features
- Key Inhibit
- I/P mode selection
- H/V Delay
- 24VDC operation
- Blue Only mode
- Auto chroma/phase setup
- Power-saving mode