Rosco's LitePad is a groundbreaking LED light source for videographers, photographers and filmmakers who need a small, lightweight unit with a variety of mounting options that can light areas where standard light sources simply won't fit.
Rosco's 3" Circle LitePad HO+ (Daylight) is one of the company's next generation panels. The HO+ is an extremely light, some might say "featherweight" unit. The 3" circle weighs in at only 0.10 lb while the heaviest HO+ (24 x 24") is only 8.3 lb.
With weights like these you might worry about the lights blowing away but Rosco has that covered with an optional assortment of brackets and 5/8" pin adapters which mate with the huge amount of grip equipment on the market. If you would like to add durability and further mounting options can even turn your HO+ into an Axiom by adding the optional aluminum and steel Axiom frame.
Other features include a removable power connector to facilitate packing and minimize cord damage and downtime. Rosco has all bases covered when it comes to powering the LightPad. The included transformer will power the light from any 100 - 240 VAC household outlet. Optional Y Splitters and 4-Way Splitters allow you to power 2 or 4 LitePads respectively from one transformer. Other power options include a 4-Pin Adapter which plugs into any 4-pin (12 VDC) power supply and while an Anton Bauer Adapter will draw power from supplies with a D-Tap connector. Rosco also makes car adapter and AA Battery Holder that uses 8 AA's (purchased separately).
Lamp life is estimated at 60,000 hours making the LitePad virtually maintenance-free. The color balance is daylight (5800K) but the HO+ is also is available in tungsten (3800K) balance.
- LitePad HO+: Slim Profile
- LitePad HO+ is only 1/3" (8 mm) thick, making it one of the thinnest light fixtures in the world. Its slim profile allows the LitePad to be placed and even hidden in areas that a conventional light fixture could not fit. No thicker than a pad of paper, LitePads can easily fit into a back pack or messenger bag for easy transportation.
- Soft Quality of Light
- One of LitePad's most important attributes is the quality of light it produces. LitePad outputs a soft, even beam of light which is perfect for filling in shadows, creating "beauty" light, or to mimic a practical light in the scene. LitePad has been hailed as the perfect "get me out of trouble" light because little needs to be done when using LitePad in order to make it produce beautiful light.
- Low Heat
- Because LitePad is an LED light source, the amount of heat generated is very low. In the center of the LitePad, the unit is cool to the touch. The edges, where the LEDs are located, are only slightly warm. This means that LitePads can be left on all day in a small set without making the room unbearable to work in.
- Weighing significantly less than a conventional light source, the LitePad HO+ is capable of being mounted in many different ways and places. Whether it be Rosco's mounting brackets, touch fasteners, or even rubber bands, LitePad's low weight makes it incredibly easy to mount and makes carrying a few of them around a breeze.
- Minimal Power Consumption
- With each LED only consuming a quarter of a watt, LitePad is an extremely energy efficient light source. There is no longer the need for kilowatts of power or a generator to power a set full of lights. A few dozen LitePads can easily run off of available household power.
- Easy on the Eyes
- Unlike many LED sources, LitePad is a bounced LED light - not an array of LEDs pointing directly forward. Performers or technicians can look directly into LitePad without squinting, hurting their eyes or getting a headache.
- LitePad HO+ offers the brightest LitePad to date. With LEDs on all four edges of all standard sizes, LitePad HO+ gives you the maximum output in the smallest of spaces.
- LitePads are a fully dimmable LED product. The proprietary Single Fader Dimmer and 2 CH / DMX Dimmer can smoothly dim any standard size LitePad with no color temperature change. With LitePad's dimmers, you are able to set the exact light intensity you need.
- Interior Connector
- LitePad's new interior connector eliminates the traditional wire, which had the potential to be pulled out during use. Based on user feedback, this feature was introduced to make the LitePad more rugged and easier to use.
- Daylight / Tungsten
- LitePad is available in two color temperatures, daylight (approx. 5800K) and tungsten (approx. 3800K). With tungsten and daylight LitePads, which have equal light output, there is no need to color correct your LitePad, losing valuable light intensity. LitePad's minimum green content allows for high color rendering and great film and digital photography.