Rosco's LitePad is a groundbreaking LED light source for videographers, photographers and filmmakers who need a small, lightweight unit with a variety of mounting options that can light areas where standard light sources simply won't fit.
This Rosco LitePad Digital Shooter's Kit AX (Tungsten) contains five 3800K rectangular LitePad Axioms from 3 x 6 - 12 x 12" as well as a 3" circular HO+ LitePad. Various filters, connectors and adapters included, as are transformers, stands, eggcrates and a hard, wheeled case to contain it all.
The LitePad Axiom is Rosco's next generation panel which features a rugged aluminum and steel housing with an integrated gel slot and provision for attachment of Axion series arms, brackets and adapters via 1/4"-20 bolt or baby pin for maximum flexibility. Other mounting options include touch-fasteners and gaffers tape for the smaller units which measure 3 x 6" - 12 x 12 " and weigh in at just 0.8 - 3.95 lb. Even the 24 x 24" panel weighs only 13.7 lb. The 12V DC connector is now removable to facilitate packing and minimize cord damage and downtime. Lamp life is estimated at 60,000 hours making the LitePad virtually maintenance-free. The LitePad Axiom is available in daylight (5800K) or tungsten (3600K) balance.
The LitePad HO+ has the same performance specs as the Axiom but minus the metal frame making it even thinner and lighter. Every HO+ is only 0.37" thick and weighs in at 0.10 lb (3" circle) to 8.3 lb for the 20 x 24" model.
- Rugged Design
- LitePad Axiom's housing is constructed from steel and aluminum making it the strongest, most durable LitePad available. The metal housing also allows for the attachment of different mounting hardware and filters directly to the LitePad. Inside of every LitePad Axiom is a LitePad HO+, which means you get all of the benefits of the HO+ product line.
- Versatile Mounting
- With LitePad Axiom's quick-release mounting system, it is now possible to change out the mounting option in just a few seconds. Whether it is a 1/4"-20 bolt, a baby pin or even a wall plate, it only takes a moment for a solid connection.
- Interior Connector
- LitePad's new interior connector eliminates the traditional wire, which had the potential to be pulled out during use. Based on user feedback, this feature was introduced to make the LitePad more rugged and easier to use.
- Daylight / Tungsten
- LitePad is available in two color temperatures, daylight (approx. 5800K) and tungsten (approx. 3800K). With tungsten and daylight LitePads, which have equal light output, there is no need to color correct your LitePad, losing valuable light intensity. LitePad's minimum green content allows for high color rendering and great film and digital photography.
- LitePad HO+: Slim Profile
- LitePad HO+ is only one third of an inch (8 mm) thick, making it one of the thinnest light fixtures in the world. Its slim profile allows the LitePad to be placed and even hidden in areas that a conventional light fixture could not fit. No thicker than a pad of paper, LitePads can easily fit into a back pack or messenger bag for easy transportation.
- LitePad HO+ offers the brightest LitePad to date. With LEDs on all four edges of all standard sizes, LitePad HO+ gives you the maximum output in the smallest of spaces.
- Weighing significantly less than a conventional light source, the LitePad HO+ is capable of being mounted in many different ways and places. Whether it be Rosco's mounting brackets, Velcro, or even rubber bands, LitePad's low weight makes it incredibly easy to mount and makes carrying a few of them around a breeze.
- Soft Quality of Light
- One of LitePad's most important attributes is the quality of light it produces. LitePad outputs a soft, even beam of light which is perfect for filling in shadows, creating "beauty" light, or to mimic a practical light in the scene. LitePad has been hailed as the perfect "get me out of trouble" light because little needs to be done when using LitePad in order to make it produce beautiful light.
- Low Heat
- Because LitePad is an LED light source, the amount of heat generated is very low. In the center of the LitePad, the unit is cool to the touch. The edges, where the LEDs are located, are only slightly warm. This means that LitePads can be left on all day in a small set without making the room unbearable to work in.
- Minimal Power Consumption
- With each LED only consuming a quarter of a watt, LitePad is an extremely energy efficient light source. There is no longer the need for kilowatts of power or a generator to power a set full of lights. A few dozen LitePads can easily run off of available household power.
- Easy on the Eyes
- Unlike many LED sources, LitePad is a bounced LED light - not an array of LEDs pointing directly forward. Performers or technicians can look directly into LitePad without squinting, hurting their eyes or getting a headache.
- LitePads are a fully dimmable LED product. The proprietary Single Fader Dimmer and 2 CH / DMX Dimmer can smoothly dim any standard size LitePad with no color temperature change. With LitePad's dimmers, you are able to set the exact light intensity you need.