Singular Software's PluralEyes for Sony Vegas Pro is an indispensable addition to video post-production workflows in which audio was recorded separately from the camera, or when sound from multiple cameras needs to be synced up for editing. This is especially useful if you're shooting DSLR video and want to record professional-quality audio on portable recorders (such as the Zoom H4n or Tascam DR100). Whether you use a slate or timecode--or nothing at all--for reference, once you import the video and audio into Sony Vegas Pro, the PluralEyes plug-in will compare the external audio to that recorded by the camera and automatically sync the two together. No more fussing and tweaking and squinting at waveforms--not only bringing better organization to your production, but saving hours of precious time.
- Automatically Synchronize a Sequence
- Create a sequence and add the clips to it. They can be positioned anywhere in the sequence, as long as all the clips from each recording device (camera, audio recorder) go on their own track.
- Create a Single Output Sequence
- By default, PluralEyes creates a separate output sequence for each group of clips that sync among themselves but not between groups. However, you can easily have all clips placed into a single sequence on output.
- Replace Audio
- When the goal is to use a recorder's external audio instead of the camera's, it's convenient to have the audio replaced in the clips in your synced timeline. PluralEyes allows an additional output sequence to be created where the audio in each video clip is replaced by the audio from the synced audio track. (Note that the clips are changed only in this sequence. Original media files and other sequences are not modified in any way.)