The Norton Internet Security Dual Protection for Mac Software from Symantec is a virus protection application for Mac and Windows computer systems. The software protects OS X against viruses, security vulnerabilities, and Internet worms. It features a built-in, two-way firewall that protects you from outside attacks and prevents unauthorized packets from being transmitted from your computer to the outside world.
The full version of Norton Internet Security 2010 for Windows is also included, allowing Mac owners who run Windows via Boot Camp, Parallels, or VMWare Fusion to protect it from the viruses and malware that plague the ubiquitous operating system. A one-year update subscription is included.
- Protects Both Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Guards your Mac, online activities, and your identity against all types of Internet threats. The software provides universal support for Intel and PowerPC processor-based Mac computers.
- Provides a Single, Comprehensive Protection Solution
- Provides protection found in Norton AntiVirus 11 for Mac and Norton Confidential for Mac to protect against online threats for Mac OS X, and Norton Internet Security 2010 for the Microsoft Windows platforms.
- Customizable Two-Way Firewall
- Keeps hackers from harvesting your personal information from your Mac while eliminating annoying firewall alerts.
- Detects and Automatically Removes Online Threats
- Stops malware, viruses, Trojan horses, bots, and Internet worms before they can do damage.
- Delivers Continuous, Up-to-Date Protection
- Automatically updates virus definitions during your subscription period.
- Defends Against Web-Based Attacks
- Guards security holes in your operating systems, applications, browsers and browser plug-ins and prevents dangerous software from automatically downloading to your Mac when you browse the web.
- Protects Your Identity
- Advanced phishing protection keeps your personal identification out of the reach of fraudulent web sites.
- Encrypts Sensitive Data
- Prevents your confidential information from being modified or stolen by eavesdropping keystroke loggers.
- Simplifies Managing and Configuring Network Connections
- Automatically detects new networks, helps you configure security settings, and remembers those settings for future use.
- Puts You in Control of Internet Access
- Lets you decide how applications connect to the Internet, who can connect to your Mac, and what these people are allowed to do.
Extensive Security Protection
- Automatically detects and removes spyware, viruses, Trojan horses, malware, and Internet worms.
- Scans and cleans downloaded files and e-mail attachments.
- Monitors e-mail and instant messages for threats so you can exchange files freely.
- Provides universal support for Intel and PowerPC processor-based Mac computers.
- Get help fast with free online technical support.
Helps Keep Your Identity and Other Information Safe
- Browse confidently with industry-leading protection from web-based attacks-one of the fastest growing types of online threats (Windows only).
- Norton Identity Safe organizes your online identities and safeguards your personal information when you buy, bank, and browse online (Windows only).
- Advanced phishing protection authenticates popular shopping and banking sites and blocks phishers to keep your personal identification out of the reach of fraudulent websites.
- Encrypts sensitive data to prevent it from being modified or stolen by eavesdropping keystroke loggers.
- Confidential File Guard password protects your files, keeping them safe from others opening or viewing the files (Mac only).
Control and Security without Disruptions
- An innovative new scanless architecture scans only the files at risk, saving time and dramatically improving performance (Windows only).
- Bot detection prevents others from taking control of your system, accessing your private information, or using your computer to host an attack (Windows only).
- Customizable two-way firewall helps make intelligent incoming and outgoing security decisions for you.
- Lets you control how applications connect to the Internet, who can connect to your Mac, and what these people are allowed to do.
- Stays out of your way -- runs quietly in the background without requiring you to respond to confusing security alerts.
- Delivers continuous, up-to-date protection via automatic updates during your subscription period.
- Security technologies work in concert to proactively block attacks, detect threats, and stop them before they impact you (Windows only).
- Tightly integrated spam filtering keeps unwanted e-mails out of your mailbox (Windows only).
- Works with Mac OS X v10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 and runs natively on Intel and PowerPC processor-based Mac computers.
- Includes Norton Internet Security 2010 for Windows for comprehensive protection when running both the Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems on an Intel processor-based Mac.
- Helps you manage and configure your network connections.
- Network security monitoring helps you secure your home network against threats and uninvited guests (Windows only).
- Wireless network security automatically connects, cloaks, and secures your computer on public Wi-Fi networks (Windows only).