The VariZoom Navigator XL Dual-Dynamic Arm, Vest And FlowPod Kit is a full stabilizer system that consists of a VariZoom FlowPod, a low-flow kit for the FlowPod, a dual-dynamic arm, a vest, a trim adjuster, and a carrying bag.
A camera attaches to the FlowPod, the FlowPod to the arm, the arm to the trim adjuster, and the trim adjuster to the vest. Together they provide big shooting advantages, and many of them, as well as a savings in price.
- A versatile stabilizer for video and DSLR cameras; a 3-in-1 tool, it can be used in monopod mode, stabilizer mode, and low mode. Such flexibility allows the advantage of not having to switch between devices to support varying shooting needs. Another advantage is that because the FlowPod is slim it can be held close to the body.
The FlowPod assumes monopod mode when its length is extended to rest on the ground and its handle is locked into place. The handle thus does not move, and the FlowPod remains stationary on the ground and reflects entirely the movements of the hand holding it.
The FlowPod extends to 5 feet and 2 inches.
- Stabilizer mode is assumed when the handle is unlocked from its stationary position and let to fluidly roam free on its gimbal design. With practice, numerous opportunities for getting creative can be gotten out of the free-floating flexibility of stabilizer mode.
In low mode, a camera is attached to the bottom of the FlowPod instead of its top. The FlowPod can then extend to its max of 5 feet and 2 inches and thereby be lowered to foot-level or even below foot-level such as over an edge.
A viewing monitor can at the same time be attached to the top end of the FlowPod. A shot can thus be taken at foot-level while being monitored at eye-level.
- The FlowPod's handle is of a foam-grip design. A pin mechanism on the handle locks or unlocks it into or out of place.
- The arm is dual-articulated and spring-loaded and can handle cameras as heavy as 12 lbs and as light as 6 lbs. Added weight plates can make up for any cameras weighing less than 6 lbs.
- The vest is form-fitting and features a torso-gripping buckle system and height-adjustable chest plate.
- For top results, it must be well-adjusted onto the body and its straps thereafter tightened. Once so, the vest can be removed by unclipping the buckles and strap on one side only. It can then be put back on with those same buckles and strap without being adjusted again; it keeps its initially-adjusted form.
- The trim adjuster prevents the arm's drifting away and allows the arm to move on a plane parallel to the ground.
- This 3-piece kit is an accompaniment to the FlowPod. It contains accessories for the attaching of a camera to the bottom of the FlowPod and a monitor to its top for low mode operation.
- Other than for use with the FlowPod, the vest, arm, and trim adjuster can be used to upgrade Glidecam 2000 and 4000 handheld stabilizers. A Glidecam mounting adapter is included with the kit. The FlowPod itself, without attachment to the rest of the kit, provides numerous opportunities for getting creative, effective shots.