The Bokeh Masters Kit turns light into shapes. By definition, "bokeh" refers to the nature of the blur that can be created using light. It refers to those parts of the image that are out of focus - generally those sections of the photo that are found beyond the measured depth of field.
You will see the effect most pronounced when using point light sources such as candles, street lights, flashlights, etc. However, you will find this system works in most lighting situations. Just remember, it is designed to be most effective with areas of your image that are out of focus.
This kit contains 21 custom shaped discs including stars, hearts, a happy and sad smiley, animal icons, sports icon and several signs. In addition, you receive eight blank discs with which you can cut your own patterns. Using the included holder, you mount it on the lens, insert your selected disc and shoot your portrait. In this way, you can tailor your special effects to your portrait needs. The Bokeh Masters Kit is designed to work even if it is not 100% flat to the lens
Generally speaking, the "Bokehtinator" works best with lenses of filter size up to 62mm, and with apertures of 2.8 or wider. However, the Bokehtinator may also work with other wide-aperture lenses of similar thread size. Testing is recommended.
Note: Other lenses that have not been tested may also work with the Bokeh System - performance testing is highly recommended
- The kit will work with almost any wide aperture lens with a filter size of 62mm or smaller - Tested and works with the following lenses: Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.4, Nikon 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 28-105mm f/3.5-f/4.5, Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM, Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 (with vignetting)
- Allows you to create your own special effect images "in camera" without having to rely on post-production software
- Can be placed over a UV filter
- For the wedding or party photographer, this kit offers you a marketing opportunity for creating images that other photographer may not be able to replicate
- Allow you to turn a night scene or landscape into something completely different and unique
- With the Master's Kit, simply use a pencil and an Exacto knife or a puncher on the included 8 blank discs to cut your own unique shapes