The BenQ MW512 is a comprehensive projector, flexible enough for most applications. It offers plenty of control, letting you easily navigate menu screens to change settings. To ensure you'll have smooth presentations and adaptability, the MW512 has integrated various display functions and multiple inputs. It's highlighted by widescreen WXGA resolution, a brightness of 2800 ANSI lumens and a 4000:1 contrast ratio. Since the MW512 features widescreen projection for medium to small rooms, it's hard to think of an application that would be out of its range.
The display is enhanced by several features including BrilliantColor technology, which uses a five-segment color wheel to reproduce a rich and accurate palette of crisp colors. The Wall Color Correction adjusts the color to get the optimum picture quality when projecting on a background that is not totally white. The MW512 is also prepared for presentations and entertainment that require 3D technology. With 3D capabilities, it can project images in life-like 3D and make your entertainment more exciting and your presentations more interactive.
Using the HDMI connection for 3D is ideal, but BenQ has integrated several inputs, control terminals and audio jacks with the MW512. Besides HDMI connectivity, you can use the RCA, S-video and component video inputs. Network connection is achievable through the RS232 or RJ45 terminal. The dual PC inputs give you the power to connect multiple computers to one projector, which is a plus for presentations since you can pull from two PC sources for data. The audio jacks facilitate mic input and audio output to an external source. There is also a 2W stereo speaker built-in to the projector which is loud enough for most presentations.
The USB terminals offer several conveniences. They allow you to give PC-less presentations through a USB flash drive. They also offer plug-and-play possibilities and extension support for simultaneous multi-projection display. With an optional BenQ wireless adapter you can also use the USB port to display presentations from your computer wirelessly and execute centralized network control via WLAN connectivity.
For teachers, BenQ has instituted a teaching template function. Aiding educators with four pre-programmed line pattern designs, the template eliminates the need to waste class-time drawing lines for charts, tables, music, etc. The four different designs are projected on your whiteboard and students can easily write music or do work along the lines supplied by the teaching template.
Also great for teachers, the built-in closed caption decoder converts words into subtitles. The subtitles are projected onto the screen, addressing the needs of language students and hearing-impaired viewers. The MW512 is also equipped with a quick cooling option, high altitude mode and MyScreen technology that lets you individualize title screens with your own pictures or video. With so many features and display inputs, the MW512 is a versatile and flexible projector that can be used as an educational tool, but it is adaptable enough to fit seamlessly into your home theater as well.
- Widescreen Projection
- Engage your class with BenQ's WXGA 1280x800 picture performance. Comparing to 4:3 projections, WXGA widescreen projection boosts your total viewing area by 30% - making more effective use of the whiteboards and blackboards in class
- BrilliantColor Technology
- Delivering rich all-digital clarity with life-like color, sharp graphics and outstanding video. The impressive 5-segment color (RGBWY) wheel affords greater color accuracy and detail
- 3D-Ready Technology
- Allows for 3D signals to pass through and be projected on the viewing screen. Perfect for higher education applications, images are rendered in stunning 3D, adding a new dimension to viewing scientific, architectural and engineering imagery. The 3D video content must be in field sequential format; a high end graphic card and special electronic shutter glasses are required
- Wall Color Correction
- Projecting on surfaces with multiple shades of white, beige, yellow, etc. is necessary sometimes. This feature adjusts the display to optimize projection on surfaces of several predefined colors
- USB Display
- Enjoy the plug-and-play convenience of USB connection. The automatic resolution detection makes adjustments to ensure you get the best image presentation and extension support makes possible simultaneous multi-projection display
- PC-Less Presentations
- The USB Reader function enables a JPEG presentation through the USB flash drive. It provides a simple alternative to computer connection and wire congestion during presentations. The USB Reader is quick and clean. Plug, play and present
- HDMI Connectivity
- The MW512 supports HDMI signal transfer which provides the highest-quality A/V experience. HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is an uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface via a single cable. It also dramatically simplifies cabling
- Dual PC Inputs
- The MW512 can facilitate two computer connections at once. Pulling data from multiple sources simultaneously will only avail your efforts to give effective presentations
- Thoughtful Teaching Template Design
- To make your teaching job easier, BenQ has added the teaching template function. With four different line pattern designs to choose from, you can easily write or draw on whiteboards as well as blackboards without the need of drawing lines or charts. Letter Formation, Musical Staff, Worksheet and Coordinate Chart are the four pattern designs
- Closed Captioning
- You can display subtitles in video content without the need for an external closed-captioning device. It's perfect for viewing in educational settings such as language classes where a transcript of onscreen dialog is desirable
- On-Screen Display Languages
- Bulgarian / Croatian / Czech / Danish / Dutch / English / Finnish / French / German / Greek / Hungarian / Italian / Indonesian / Japanese / Korean / Norwegian / Polish / Portuguese / Romanian / Russian / Simplified Chinese / Spanish / Swedish / Turkish / Thai / Traditional Chinese (26 Languages)
- In addition to selecting the projector preset startup screen from among the BenQ logo, black or blue screen, you can make your own startup screen that is a picture projected from your computer or video source
- Quick Cooling
- This function can be turned on to make the projector cool in a shorter amount of time
- Long Lamp Life
- At up to 5000 hours in Eco-mode, the enduring lamp life of the MW512 limits the number of lamp changes you'll have to perform. This reduces maintenance and waste, resulting in a lower cost of ownership
- High Altitude Mode
- The MW512 has an option for operating under more extreme conditions. To prevent shut-off in harsher environment and at elevation, switch to high altitude mode
- Built-In Speakers
- With built-in 2W speaker, the MW512 delivers vivid visual performance and audio satisfaction in a compact unit
- Security Password
- For security purposes and to help prevent unauthorized use, the projector includes an option for setting up password security. The password can be set through the On-Screen Display menu