The Mitsubishi EW270U Mobile WXGA Projector is a highly versatile and accommodating multimedia and data projector. It is 3D-ready and features an advanced terminal group that includes an HDMI and dual PC inputs. At only 5.3 pounds it is ultra-portable, yet bright enough for stationary applications. It features Mitsubishi's BrilliantColor technology which enhances color reproduction, resulting in clear and vivid images. With 1.3 times the resolution as an XGA projector, the EW270U is specially tuned to support aspect ratios that support the shift towards wide-screen computer monitors, laptops, and DVD players. This unit thrives in any training situation and can be connected to a network for multiple simultaneous presentations. Many units can be run from one central location, but it also works great on its own.
The EW270U has several inputs that increase its flexibility. For high-def quality signal transmission this model offers an HDMI input. HDMI is an uncompressed, all-digital audio / video interface. By delivering crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video via a single cable, HDMI dramatically simplifies cabling and helps provide users with the highest-quality projection and presentation experience. There are dual PC inputs for connecting more than one computer to a single projector, which broadens the scope of your presentation to include multiple PCs. There is a LAN terminal for linking with a network and a serial terminal for RS-232C connection. The video and S-video terminals are paired with two 3.5 mm mini jack audio inputs and an RCA input. There is a monitor output and an audio output as well. The audio output allows you to run the sound through a more substantial speaker system.
The automatic subtitle function uses a built-in closed caption decoder to convert words into subtitles. The subtitles are projected onto the screen, addressing the needs of language students and hearing-impaired viewers. Mitsubishi also includes a Quick Menu that improves ease of operation. There are seven main menus and one custom menu, allowing you to select specific operation settings more quickly.
The EW270U also includes all-in-one web-based management of multiple projectors. This is possible when linking with a network through the LAN terminal. The status of many projectors in the same building can be easily viewed and you can turn projectors on and off from a central location. You can also control the image input via a network, letting you give multiple presentations from one location.
Expanding on network possibilities, Mitsubishi has added Crestron RoomView to this model. With the Crestron software (sold separately), you can have integrated control of up to 250 projectors. You'll be able to send message displays to multiple projectors, turn units on or off and monitor total lamp usage hours. This software tightens your control over a network of projectors and will definitely save you time through added convenience and less maintenance.
- Mitsubishi's new EW270U is a WXGA projector with a native 1280 x 800 resolution specially tuned to support aspect ratios that support the shift towards wide-screen computer monitors, laptops, and DVD players
- 3D-Ready Technology
- Allows for 3D signals to pass through and be projected on the viewing screen. Perfect for higher education applications, images are rendered in stunning 3D, adding a new dimension to viewing scientific, architectural and engineering imagery. The 3D video content must be in field sequential format, a high end graphic card and special electronic shutter glasses are required
- HDMI Input
- This is an uncompressed, all-digital audio / video interface. By delivering crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video via a single cable, HDMI dramatically simplifies cabling and helps provide users with the highest-quality projection and presentation experience
- BrilliantColor Technology
- Mitsubishi Electric's original built-in color wheel is incorporated for enhanced color reproduction. Intermediate colors are added to the primary RGB, resulting in clear and vivid image reproduction
- Crestron RoomView
- The EW270U is equipped with a built-in RJ-45 terminal for remote operation when connected to Crestron software, integrated control of up to 250 projectors including power on / off control, message display on multiple projectors and monitoring total lamp usage hours is possible using RoomView and E-Control applications
- Resolution & Compatibility
- With a 1280 x 800 resolution and 2600 Lumen brightness, the EW270U can handle video up to 1080p on a variety of systems including NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL-60 and SECAM
- Wall Color Adjustment
- Natural color adjustment is possible even when projecting images onto whiteboards, school blackboards, or walls with beige, light blue, light green or pink surfaces
- LAN Terminal
- It is possible to control and monitor the projector remotely via network connection. Moreover, several projectors may be controlled at once
- Closed Caption Capable
- With the touch of a single button, the built-in closed caption decoder transforms words into subtitles that are then projected onto the screen; a convenient function that addresses the needs of language students and hearing impaired viewers
- Password Lock
- Simply set up a password to prevent the projector from being used by unauthorized people
- Direct Power Off
- The projector does not need to cool down after being switched off and can be unplugged and either put away or removed
- Long-Life Lamp & Low Standby Power
- Long life, one of Mitsubishi Electric's signature features, is made possible through optimal design of the lamp temperature control. This means that running costs can be greatly reduced and users can enjoy years of reliable service and a standby power of less than 1W guarantees economical use of energy
- Top / Side Loading Lamp
- The projector does not need to be turned around when used on a desk and can be used simply with its pre-fitted suspension parts when suspended. The lamp is, moreover, easy to replace
- Low Fan Noise
- Changing the lamp setting from Normal to Low is possible. Reducing light levels also reduces fan noise, which in turn helps prolong the life of the machine