The NewTek SpeedEDIT 2 Video Editing Software is a resolution independent non-linear video editor. Easily navigable interface with dynamically linked storyboard and timeline of the software simplify editing and save time. Working directly with native files instead of transcoding or pre-trimming them, the software assures a fast editing process.
Besides working effortlessly with HD to web-size video, the video editing software smoothly supports most popular native file formats such as MPEG-2, AVI, QuickTime, etc. In addition, files from XDCAM HD, AVCHD and DVCPro cameras can directly be dragged into the editor. The SpeedEDIT 2 software supports additional file formats such as .mp4/.mov files obtained from JVC GY-HM700 and GY-HM100 camcorders, and Cineform AVI files.
The SpeedEDIT 2 editor is fast at applying various transitions and effects. It offers real-time color correction using a color wheel whereas you can subtly fine-tune colors, audio levels, and playback speed using a spline curve. Sub-projects like color correction, animate positioning, rotation and size support full Overlay and Control Tree options. The Linear slow motion option smoothly interpolates frames and the Hybrid option can be used for enhanced image sharpness. Clips can be added or deleted while the project is playing. With the Play Range function, you can restrict playback (looping) to an area of interest.
Preview capture panel of the interface displays video in either 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio. With the camera file searching feature, you can locate specific files in nested folders and make instant files for clips. A combined waveform lets you add up to 4 audio channels and the Virtual Studio technology allows you to use lots of audio tools for sophisticated fine-tuning of audio. The SpeedEDIT 2 software permanently saves your editing actions so that you can undo or redo them at any time. Besides, a project backup wizard can quickly transfer all the assets to another drive for archiving or easy transport.
With expanded hardware support, the SpeedEDIT 2 makes real-time preview and playback possible on compatible external video devices such as those from Blackmagic Design. If supported with a PCI Express graphics card, you can access multiple video layers with titles in real time.
- Resolution independent video editor suitable from HD to SD to web
- Provides fast editing by eliminating unnecessary steps
- Offers a simple interface with dynamically linked storyboard & timeline
- Allows you to directly edit native clips without transcoding or pre-trimming them
- Works natively and smoothly with popular file formats such as MPEG-2, AVI, QuickTime, etc.
- Allows rapid application of transitions and effects
- Offers real-time color correction
- Provides multiple options for slow motion
- Locate Camera Files' feature to search nested folders
- Includes VST Audio Plug-in support for additional audio tools
- SpeedHQ video codec provides 4:2:2 color space and alpha channel support to allow layering and compositing in other applications
- Full resolution HD preview with Firewire (IEEE 1394) output
- Timeline offers wide and close-up views of your project simultaneously
- Loop playback of clips with Play Range function
- Clips can be added or deleted while the project is playing
- After a fast edit on the dynamically linked storyboard, the project can be fine-tuned using timeline
- Standard Definition video can be scaled to HD clips with image super sampling
- Clips of different formats and resolutions can be mixed without converting or scaling
- Fade handles on clips for direct control
- One-stroke operation for inserting smooth fades
- Clip roll-over preview to help dragging desired clip to the timeline or storyboard
- YUV Render Engine helps in getting feedback with accurate color
- Titles can be animated in any aspect and resolution
- Four-band color selection feature to modify hue and saturation of selected color
- Real-time chroma keying to suppress color spilling
- Clip's timeline waveform shows audio level adjustment
- Real-time video and audio filters which can be animated as well
- Variety of clips like that of audio narration or music can be designated with different colors
- Projects can be edited in resolutions from 2880x1920 to a 320x240 stream and rendered out at any resolution, progressive or fielded
- Real-time image sequence playback in full resolution with support for still image file formats like jpeg, Tiff, PSD, png, etc.
- Editing actions are permanently saved for Undo / Redo at anytime
- Each DVD chapter can be authored with the exact frame you choose
- Projects can be published to the web or written to DVD with the click of a button
- HD project can be rendered in Windows Media HD, VC-1 and Blu-ray
- Project Backup Wizard saves assets in a different drive (internal or external)