The For-A IVS-200 Composite Video Stabilizer & Optimizer is an update to the existing IVS-100. The IVS-200 corrects horizontal, diagonal, and vertical shake at sub-pixel levels of accuracy, and in addition detects and corrects rotation in source video. This model also adds For-A's Auto Video Optimizer (AVO) function to the older unit's real-time video stabilization function. This enables the IVS-200 to generate output video that's not only shake-free but also displayed at the proper levels and gamma.
With its analog composite video I/O, the IVS-200 is ideal for monitoring applications such as security and traffic cameras, in either NTSC or PAL video systems. The IVS-200 not only corrects shaky and dark or blown-out video for accurate viewing, it also can improve a video signal's compression efficiency for encoding and transmission further down the chain. This can enable clear video monitoring over IP networks even at low bandwidths.
- Video Stabilization
- In real time the IVS-200 detects and corrects video shaking horizontally, vertically, and diagonally. In an improvement over its predecessor, the IVS-200 also corrects for rotation in source video. Sampling as frequently as once every two video fields, the stabilizer corrects up to 40% of the screen. Meanwhile the unit recognizes panning and zooming, so that it doesn't make unnecessary or unwanted correction to the video. The IVS-200 stabilizes video from either a live source or from a VTR or other prerecorded source.
- Masking Function
- In order to avoid correcting any existing stable text overlay from a video source (for instance, a timecode display or closed captioning), the IVS-200 features a masking function. This allows you to set the proper range of video that is to be processed that is, to specify all areas other than the spot where text is superimposed. Visual coordinates for masking are inputted by turning a knob on the front of the unit while viewing output video.
- Auto Video Optimizer
- In addition to its real-time video stabilization capability, the IVS-200 also features For-A's Auto Video Optimizer (AVO) function. This monitors white and black levels and gamma curves in source video and, in real time, automatically adjusts these to desired normal levels. Its optimization is not always applied globally, however: AVO recognizes bright and dark spots in video and corrects only those areas needing it, generating an expanded dynamic range in the corrected output video. You can set the ranges of level adjustments that the IVS-200 applies.
- Video I/O
- With its standard BNC input the IVS-200 accepts a single analog composite video source. The unit automatically recognizes whether this is a PAL or NTSC source. The IVS-200 features two analog composite outputs, with a bypass function on Output 1.
- Simple Integration
- Adding an IVS-200 to an existing video system could not be simpler. The portable unit needs only a power source and a video input source for it to begin monitoring and correcting video in real time.