The ADI-1 from Nady is a single channel, active direct box that can be used to connect the unbalanced output of an instrument or line level device (eg. guitar, bass, synthesizer, effects module, another mixer) to the balanced input of a mixer or amplifier.
The unit features a parallel output that can be used to send the original unbalanced signal on to a mixer or amplifier. The ADI-1 can also be used to connect an amplifier's speaker output, or a speaker's "daisy chain" output, to the balanced input of a mixer. A ground lift switch is available to help deal with any ground hum issues that might occur.
- Eliminates impedance mismatch problems and converts any sound source at almost any level into a clean, noise-free balanced signal
- Full-featured controls and connections include On/Off, Ground Lift, and Guitar/Speaker source select input attenuation switches
- Unbalanced 1/4" TS input and Parallel Link Output jacks
- Servo-balanced XLR output jack
- Parallel link output allows ultimate hookup flexibility by enabling applications such as connection to the input of the backline or monitor amplifier
- Portable aircraft aluminum extruded case for ultimate roadworthiness, long life and reliability
- Powered either by consoles +48V phantom power or internal 9V battery