The DB-1 from Nady is a single channel, passive direct box that can be used to connect the unbalanced output of an instrument or line level device (eg. guitar, bass, synthesizer, effects module, another mixer) to the balanced input of a mixer or amplifier.
The unit features a parallel output that can be used to send the original unbalanced signal on to a mixer or amplifier. A ground lift switch is available to help deal with any ground hum issues that might occur.
- Enables connection of any unbalanced audio source signal (such as an electric instrument, keyboard, or amplifier speaker output) to any microphone level balanced input (such as a mixer)
- Parallel Output allows simultaneous connection to two separate inputs (e.g., to an amplifier and mixer)
- Translates high-impedance instrument outputs into low-impedance balanced signals, or balanced low-impedance signals into unbalanced outputs
- Converts unbalanced +10dB DJ mixer signals to balanced microphone level signals, enabling easier interfacing with consoles and longer cable runs
- Eliminates need for a direct box on multiple keyboard setups plugged into an instrument amplifier - input directly to a console mixer by connecting the speaker outputs of the amp to the console input through the DB-1
- 3-position input attenuation switch (0dB, -20dB, -40dB) facilitates proper output signal levels for optimum level matching to connected equipment
- Switchable ground lift eliminates ground loop hum problems
- Rugged, roadworthy all-steel construction for years of reliability