The Canon imageCLASS MF9220Cdn Network Color All-in-One Laser Printer is a 4-in-1 work station for the small work group. In addition to color and B/W printing the MF9220Cdn copies, scans, and faxes. No matter which function is in use a 3.5" color panel provides information and function control, with a scroll wheel for easy operation. With network compatibility the entire work group can be connected to this one printer, or just 1 dedicated user can work with the printer via the USB connection.
When it comes to security this imageCLASS printer features "User ID Management" control which allows for monitoring of usage and limiting of print output. Another highly sought after feature on the MF9220Cdn is the auto-duplex function. Duplexing saves money and the environment by printing on both sides of a sheet of paper. All functions of the device provide the duplexing option. Canon's pure black technology and superior color imaging technology help to create prints with true, deep blacks and rich, detailed colors.
The machine has a 50 sheet auto document feeder (ADF), 250 sheet cassette, and a 100 sheet multipurpose tray for a standard paper capacity of 400 sheets. Purchasing an optional paper cassette the printer can hold up to 900 sheets of paper at one time. In both color and B/W printing, pages flow at a rate of 22 pages-per-minute (ppm).
When it comes to the additional functions of the printer, the fax machine has a standard Super G3 modem with a speed of 33.6Kbps. Transmissions take approximately 3 seconds. The 1,000 page memory capacity, one-touch dialing function, and 406 x 391 resolution capabilities add to the fax highlights. Additional features include delayed TX, remote RX, and fax forwarding, among others.
The copier features a copy speed of 22 ppm for both color and B/W documents. Up to 350 sheets of paper can be accessed for the copier at one time using the standard cassette and multipurpose tray. Copies can have up to a 600 x 600 dpi resolution, and up to 99 copies can be made at one time.
The scanner function features a CCD sensor with 600 x 600 dpi resolution and 24-bit color. Documents up to 8.5 x 14" can be scanned using the platen or auto document feeder. Additional features of the scanner include the ability to rotate an image, negative/positive reversal, mirror image, scan-to-USB, and duplexing.
Compatible with both Mac and Windows machines the device can be used in most work or home settings. A 1-year limited warranty ensures the longevity of your printer, while energy star compliance and Canon's Generation Green means your business will save money while keeping environmental impact to a minimum.
- Print and copy in full-color and black & white at the same speed of up to 22 pages-per-minute
- Duplex versatility - two-sided printing, copying, faxing and scanning
- Superior color imaging - capture finer details when you print or copy with remarkable tone-on-tone clarity where your image will be true to the original
- Password-protected department ID management helps to control device usage
- 3.5" color panel with easy-scroll wheel
- Efficient energy saving mode; approximately 1 watt of energy used
- LDAP address book facilitates quick and easy scanning and sending
- Built-in Ethernet port for network printing, PC faxing, and scanning
- Two USB ports for scanning direct
- Energy Star Qualified
- Energy Star qualified products and practices help you save money and reduce greenhouse emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy
- Canon Generation Green
Generation Green is Canon's environmental initiative. This program encompasses imageCLASS laser printers, PIXMA inkjet printers, and scanners. Generation Green is designed to provide business partners, customers and consumers a way to learn about the environmentally-friendly approach Canon takes in designing many of its products. The imageCLASS MF9280Cdn has the following Generation Green characteristics:
- Auto-duplexing - Using automatic 2 sided printing and copying can save you up to 50% of your paper supply
- 4 in 1, 2 in 1 printing - This option allows users to place multiple pages on 1 page, saving up to 75% of your paper supply
- PC faxing - Send documents directly from your PC to a fax machine to reduce paper and print usage
- Energy saving mode - When the imageCLASS MF9280Cdn enters energy saving mode, it has a low power consumption of 1 watt of energy in energy saving mode
- On-demand SURF technology - On-demand (surface rapid fixing) technology uses a linear ceramic heater that heats instantly for fast warm up speeds and quick first prints. This results in up to a 75% reduction in energy consumption compared to conventional roller-fixing systems
- Toner saving mode - When the imageCLASS MF9280Cdn is switched into the toner saving mode, it allows for up to 20% more economical toner usage
- AIRSHELL cartridge packaging - AIRSHELL is packaging material for our imageCLASS toner cartridges that utilizes air cushioning. It reduces product package sizes, helps to improve shipping efficiency and reducing CO2 emissions generated during transport by approximately 23% to 49%
- Toner cartridge recycling program - Canon was the first in the printing industry to create a toner cartridge recycling program. Canon toner cartridges are 100% recovered with zero landfill waste
- Hardware recycling program - Canon is committed to the world community and the belief that we are building a better world for future generations. We want to work with our customers to ensure appropriate recycling of certain imageCLASS products to help improve the environment and our local communities
- Energy Star - Energy Star qualified products are 25% more efficient than conventional models. By using less energy these products reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy as well as money. The imageCLASS MF9280Cdn automatically enters low-power mode when not in use
- RoHS compliant - This is a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. This product restricts the use of cadmium, mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE)
- ISO 14001 - Canon currently holds the largest consolidated certification to the ISO 14001 standard for our environmental management systems in the world with over 700 Canon companies certified to the standard