Transient Control from Metric Halo is a +DSP plug-in for the Mobile I/O that allows for modifying dynamics in ways that aren't possible with traditional compressors. Originally available only as part of the +DSP package, Transient Control is now available as a single plug-in.
The processor allows for directly changing the transient ("attack") and sustain of audio material to either make the tracks punchier, or smooth them out so they sit back in a mix.
The plug-in can be viewed in three different ways. Basic displays the three main controls of Transient, Sustain and Attack. Basic with Process Metering adds a metering display to the basic controls, while the third view adds Advanced Envelope Controls.
- Transient - controls the gain applied to the transient portion of the signal
- Sustain - controls the gain applied to the sustain portion of the signal
- Gain - master output gain in dB
- Fast Attack - sets the fast attack time of the transient detector
- Slow Attack - sets the slow attack of the transient detector
- Release - sets the release of the transient detector
- Attack - sets the attack of the sustain detector
- Fast Release - sets the fast release of the sustain detector
- Slow Release - sets the slow release of the sustain detector
- Bypass - when enabled, fully bypasses the plug-in
- UI Mode - selects the UI of the plug-in