The MasterX5 from tc electronic goes beyond the company's MasterX3 virtual incarnation of the Finalizer implementation, offering 5-bands instead of 3, different filter slopes and double-precision processing. The plug-in expedites the mastering process for CD and broadcast by integrating several phases of mastering into a single, easy to use interface.
The overall processing characteristics of the plug-in are controlled via Target Curves that simplify handling by providing a global processing style for all bands in all modules. The interaction between the bands can be fine tuned by applying Target Factors which determine the frequency focus of each processing module, significantly reducing the number of required user parameters to set this complex process up. Soft Clipping can provide analog sound whenever desired.
The MasterX5 is optimized for 44.1 and 48kHz processing and is also an ideal tool for optimizing material like commercials for broadcast applications. The five bands allow the user to get even more "level" out of the program material.
- Five-band processing with adjustable crossovers
- Each band can independently function as an expander, compressor or limiter
- Dithering (uncorrelated)
- Look-ahead feature of up to 10mS and adjustable Digital Ceiling with accuracy of up to 0.05dB
- Hi-Res metering with selectable hold modes
- Consecutive clippings counter
- One instantiation per DSP chip @ 48kHz