Assimilator from tc electronic is a plug-in for the PowerCore system that is able to "learn" the sound of a particular mix and apply it to a different mix. Equalization is one of the more difficult tasks in recording, mixing and mastering, especially when trying to match a certain sound. The plug-in aids this process.
The applications of this processor range from film sound to mastering and other creative use. The process is easy and is achieved with as little as 3 steps. The display provides two complete sets of curves and a morph page. On the morph page, morphing between two complete curve sets is achieved by simply moving a single fader.
The technology employed is based on Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) and 3 different resolutions allow for adjusting the process depending on DSP requirements. The highest one will utilize a full DSP.
- FFT-resolutions of 2048, 4096, 8192
- Freely adjustable "Apply" strength
- Morph - 2 sets of curves can be blended into each other
- Draw tools for EQ-curve editing
- Curve presets (loudness etc.)
- 1 per DSP in high resolution