The Griffin Technology iTrip is a capable FM transmitter with APP support. It's been outfitted with a clever interface so playing your iPhone/iPod on any FM radio is refreshingly easy. After you attach the iTrip to the iPhone/iPod dock connector, the SmartScan and SmartSound go to work for you. SmartScan finds the optimum frequency for your location and SmartSound adjusts the signal strength for that particular frequency. There are no wires to mess with and you can even use the iTrip's station presets to lock in your favorite three frequencies.
Another advantage of the iTrip is being able to control the tracks you're listening to from the transmitter rather than your iPod/iPhone. You can play, pause, skip forward and skip back. The iTrip also runs track information on its illuminated screen even when your iPod/iPhone is sleeping. After you've downloaded the free iTrip Controller APP, your iPod/iPhone touchscreen will open a world of possibilities all designed to support the iTrip. The iTrip Controller App is the ideal Multi-Touch interface for the powerful and compact iTrip.
- iTrip Controller APP
- The iTrip Controller APP is a free download at the iTunes App Store that lets you take full advantage of the Multi-Touch display on your iPod or iPhone. Tap to choose one of your own presets or tune manually using iTrip Controller's tuning wheel. The iTrip Controller App is the perfect Multi-Touch interface for the iTrip
- With one touch, this feature finds the best FM frequency for you
- SmartSound button adjusts signal strength for each frequency
- Charge Pass-Thru
- The iTrip is equipped with a pass-thru connector so you can charge your iPod/iPhone (using a USB Micro-B cable) while playing music through the FM transmitter
- Track Controls
- Users cannot only choose between stereo/mono modes with the iTrip, but they can also use the interface to pause songs, play, skip forward and skip backward through tracks