The Perfect Resize 7 Professional Edition Software from onOne Software, formerly known as Genuine Fractals, is a software plug-in that is compatible with Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Extended, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Lightroom, and Apple Aperture. It can also be used as a standalone application, allowing users who use other photo editing software to take advantage of its impressive feature set.
Perfect Resize uses advanced algorithms to resize images up to 1000% -- without a loss in quality. This lets you make extremely large prints, or to crop images without sacrificing detail. You can even crop and resize in one easy step! The software now has a loupe tool that allows you to preview the resized image quality at 100% size, allowing you to adjust your settings before resizing the entire image. Numerous presets are available, allowing you to resize images without having to manually adjust settings.
If you frequently print canvas gallery wraps, you will appreciate one of the key features of this Professional Edition of Perfect Resize. By the nature of their design, gallery wraps prevent a portion of your photograph from being displayed -- the edges of your frame wrap around a wood frame and are lost to the viewer. While this is fine for images with loose framing, it makes it difficult to use this printing method for tightly-framed photos. Perfect Resize extends the margins of your photo so that the framing of your original image will be preserved. It doesn't simply use a solid border, rather it analyzes your image and extends patterns and colors from your image to use as the border -- creating absolutely stunning results.
Lightroom and Aperture users will be able to export images to Photoshop for resizing. This Professional Edition of Perfect Resize supports roundtrip export of images with either application -- you can send a photo to Photoshop, resize it using this plug-in, and when you save it the resized image will be added to your Aperture or Lightroom library.
You'll be able resize photos in batches, perfect if you've got a large number to process. It supports RGB, grayscale, CMYK, and LAB images, and can be used with layered PSDs as well. Its tiling feature allows you to create tiled mosaics, and presets are available for any common paper sizes. You can add luminosity-based sharpening and add simulated film grain. Resized images maintain edge sharpness and detail, and the software prevents the edge halos that often plague resized photos.
- New Name. Still the Industry Standard.
Perfect Resize -- formerly known as Genuine Fractals -- is the industry standard for enlarging and resizing images. It is renowned across the photographic and printing industries for its ability to increase image size without the loss of sharpness or detail that you might normally expect. The patented, fractal-based interpolation algorithms work like nothing else and the results speak for themselves.
- Enlarge an image to any size or resolution you desire.
- Maintain fine image detail and eliminate edge halos.
- Crop and resize images in one easy step.
- Maintain fine image detail.
- Gallery Wrap
- When making enlargements for canvas, it is common to wrap a portion of the image around the wooden stretcher bars, creating a gallery wrap. However, when wrapping an image in this way, important detail can be lost near the edges. The updated Gallery Wrap feature in Perfect Resize automatically creates extended margins by reflecting or stretching the areas near the edge of the image allowing you to create a gallery wrap without sacrificing any of the original image.
- Now you can get large format printing from a small format printer, quickly and easily. The new Tiling feature divides an enlargement into smaller pieces, preparing it for printing on a standard-sized printer. Just specify the paper size and overlap option and Perfect Resize will automatically resize the image and create individual tiles that are ready for printing.
- Batch Processing
- New in Perfect Resize is an improved version of the onOne batch processing engine. This allows you to resize an entire folder of images to a consistent size and create up to two new versions of an image. You can control the size, resolution, file formats, name and location, color space, and even add a watermark logo.
- Perfect Resize Works Where You Do
- Photoshop. Lightroom. Aperture. All are great applications and we hear every day that your photo editing workflow isn't just in Photoshop anymore. To allow you to get perfect enlargements no matter what your workflow may be, Perfect Resize now works with Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture and as a standalone application. Best of all, it's compatible with the 64-bit versions of the software -- so you won't have to run them in 32-bit mode when using the plug-in.
- Any Size Made Easy
- Have you ever tried making an 8 x 10" print from your digital camera file? You can't get it to fit that 8 x 10" size -- it's either 8 x 12" or 7 x 10" -- because most digital camera sensors are a different aspect ratio from common paper sizes. This forces you to crop your image to get it to fit a specific paper size, and it can be difficult to determine how to do this and whether to do it before or after you resize the image. Perfect Resize comes to the rescue with over sixty built-in document size presets that allow you to precisely crop and resize your image in one simple step.
- How Large of an Image Can I Get?
- Big. Really big. Depending on the resolution of your camera, and the desired output quality, you can make some big prints. At photo-quality 300dpi a 6MP image can be printed to be more than 6 x 9 feet. If you opt for 100dpi, which is perfectly fine for billboards, that same 6MP image can go up to 13 x 20 feet. And if you have a higher resolution camera, you can go even bigger.