The SMP-N100 Streaming Media Player with Wi-Fi from Sony is an excellent means of streaming movies, music, and other media from your wired or wireless home network to your television or display. This media player connects to wireless -N, -G, and -B networks and allows you to stream media to it from your computer. It can also stream video from your compatible DLNA computer or device that's on your network. Because it also features an Ethernet LAN jack, you can establish a wired network connection by connecting it to an available Ethernet port on your router. This media player supports video, pictures, or music from a wide variety of apps, such as Netflix, Amazon Video on Demand, YouTube, Pandora, Slacker, and much more. The media player also has a built-in USB port for streaming media in a wide variety of file formats from your compatible digital camera, camcorder, USB-enabled MP3 player, or storage device.
In terms of video and audio connections with your display, the media player features RCA and Y/Pb/Pr component video output jacks, an optical audio digital output jack, as well as an HDMI output jack. To control the player, you can use the included RMT-D301 remote or your iPhone, iPod Touch, or Android phone(after downloading the "BD Remote" app).
- BRAVIA Internet Video
- Instantly stream a wide variety of movies, TV episodes, videos and music from a large selection of entertainment apps including: Netflix, Amazon Video on Demand, YouTube, Pandora, Slacker, and more 1
- Built-In Wi-Fi
- Connect to your home's wireless broadband network 2
- USB Input
- Share your videos or photos on the big screen or listen to your favorite music. Simply connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device to play a wide variety of file formats 3
- Share Personal Entertainment (DLNA)
- Stream music, videos and photos from compatible DLNA devices (like a PC) using your home network 4
- Full HD 1080p with HDMI Output
- Enjoy up to Full HD 1080p video quality, with a simple, one-cable HDMI connection to your HDTV. A perfect solution to conveniently add multimedia streaming to any HDMI equipped HDTV. An HDMI cable is sold separately
- iPhone/iPod Touch and Android Phone Remote Control
- Download the free "BD remote" app to your iPhone, iPod touch or compatible Android phone and turn it into a versatile remote - access movie info, search entertainment topics and more 5
- IP / Noise Reduction
- Improve the picture quality of Internet entertainment and enjoy crisp, clear images on your HDTV