How often have you wished for a product that would let you "just" take a photo of an item without the hassle of lighting it, composing the shot and wading through a number of post-production steps while the clock ticks on a business opportunity?
The Ortery Photosimile 5000 3D Studio is your solution. It's a tabletop, PC-controlled digital photography studio that anyone can use to create professional, color-accurate shadow-free photographs that are perfect for websites, product catalogs, online auctions, quality control, product development or business communication.
This literally is a product that does everything. All you need to do is show up with your computer and make a few decisions. The Photosimile 5000 will take it from there.
Most buyers' first question is camera choice and compatibility. Ortery takes the guesswork out of that process by providing a 10.1MP Canon EOS Rebel XS camera with normal lens. After importing the provided P5000 software into your computer the functions of the camera are PC-controlled. The camera is mounted to a mechanical track where the P5000 software takes over, allowing you to choose camera angle, tilt and zoom without touching the camera. Exposure, zooming and cropping are done via computer and appear in real-time on your computer screen ready for annotating, resizing, watermarking and batch processing.
Besides traditional still photos you can create cylindrical (360°) hemispherical or spherical product animations for multi-angle views of your product thanks to the built in turntable. The system is so efficient that you can take up to 200 pictures of an object (200 angles) in less than 20 minutes. The images are then stitched together using Ortery Real3D or other popular programs such as Flash and QuickTimeVR.
The comprehensive kit includes digital-friendly 6500K fluorescent lamps, black and white backgrounds, a product stand and USB cable as well as an extensive software bundle.
- Office Imaging Just Went 3D
- Imagine walking up to a new office device, placing an object inside and seconds later walking away with a professional photo for immediate use in all print, eCommerce, web and email communications. Taking its name from "facsimile", Photosimile 5000 is the next generation imaging device for the office.
- Maximum Workflow Efficiency
- Photosimile simplifies and automates the process of creating professional quality photographs and animations. The software was specifically designed to make photography easy and to speed up image capture and image processing workflows.
- Create Your Own 360°, Hemispherical and Spherical Product Animations
- The Photosimile 5000 synchronizes turntable movement, camera positioning and picture taking to photograph objects from multiple angles in one or more planes. You can take up to 200 pictures of an object (200 angles) in less than 20 minutes. Resulting images are automatically stitched together to create animated GIF or Flash files or exported to Ortery Real3D to compose 3D Silverlight animations with simple mouse control and deep zoom (14x) capabilities. Alternatively, images can be exported for stitching inside popular programs such as Flash and QuickTimeVR or edited in Photoshop then re-imported to the Photosimile program for stitching.
- Image Processing Features
- Increase speed and efficiency. Besides the most basic image editing features such as brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness, pictures can be annotated, masked, emailed and batch processed with regards to naming, resizing, watermarking and saving. It's literally the most efficient and innovative photography tool available.
- The P5000 software optimizes camera settings for the Photosimile's studio lighting. Pictures are composed and taken by clicking Preview, Zoom-in, Zoom-out, Crop and Snap in the software. Captured are automatically transferred from camera to PC and appear on your monitor within seconds.
- Real-time Preview
- Know what pictures are going to look like before you take them. Previewing puts the camera in live-view mode so you can properly compose the picture while viewing it in real-time on your monitor screen. Also use this feature to properly set the crop markers so that when the image is taken, it's automatically cropped to the right size.
- Mechanized Camera Control - Auto Adjustment of Position, Tilt and Zoom
- The camera is attached to a mechanical track controlled by the P5000 software allowing you to choose the best shooting angle, tilt angle and zoom without touching the camera. With 10 positions between 0 and 90 degrees, camera positioning is fully controlled through the software and requires no-hands on manipulation. Software controls camera tilt either one shot at a time for fine adjustments or in an automated manner to keep the camera pointed at a specific spot on the object as it travels from position to position along the rail.
- The Right Light
- Photosimile 5000 offers uniform, consistent lighting for taking shadow-free color-accurate photos. It utilizes 4 symmetrical, daylight (6500K) bulbs that illuminate objects evenly, almost eliminating the need for editing. By controlling several variables and providing the user with everything they need in one powerful tool, Photosimile 5000 makes it possible for anyone to achieve professional photography results.
- Take Professional Pictures & Save Time Editing
- Surround lighting, the right type light, the right light intensity and special light diffusion provide a controlled and ideal environment for shooting almost anything that fits inside the studio. The back wall of Photosimile 5000 is backlit, providing the ability to take pictures with a pure white background. You can expect to spend much less time (if any) editing images taken with Photosimile 5000.
- For Certain Cameras, Settings are Optimized for Lighting Inside the Studio
- Because Ortery knows the camera's characteristics and the shooting environment, they are able to provide users with the correct camera settings for shooting just about anything inside the studio. These settings can be saved and retained inside the software so that anyone can walk up to the unit and take high quality product shots.
- Fast Production Tool for Large Projects
- Photosimile was built for speed. Current customers can attest that Photosimile is able to produce thousands of professional pictures in just days! No project is too large. Photosimile technology makes product photography profitable.
- Take Top and Side-shot Pictures
- Photos can be taken from either the top-down utilizing the camera housing area or through the front door using a tripod.
- Convenient Packaging
- Ships in 2 convenient boxes
- Premier Fit & Finish
- Constructed with brushed aluminum, the Photosimile 5000 is made with excellent craftsmanship and quality.