The Sea & Sea MDX-7D UW Housing for Canon EOS 7D Flat Port Package W/YS-01 Strobe gets you in the water with your EOS 7D right away, with a housing, flat port, one strobe, mounting arm, and fiber optic cable. The MDX-7D housing is machined from solid aluminum for a lightweight, durable housing, and delivers performance, ergonomics and precision, with full easy access to all camera controls. There's clear corner-to-corner framing with 0.5x magnification in the viewfinder.
A standard NX flat port for macro photography is included. Other NX ports will accommodate an extensive range of Canon interchangeable lenses in the housing. The port lock system prevents an attached port from loosening while in use. Two Nikonos connectors are included for the use of strobes--use an optional TTL converter for TTL flash control with the wired-for-TTL 5-pin connector or use the 2-pin connector for manual strobe control. You can also pop up the camera's built-in flash. This allows you to use the included YS-01 Sea & Sea underwater slave strobe with the included fiber optic cable.
The single included YS-01 strobe is a compact slave strobe that can be used for wide-angle or macro photography. With its circular beam angle of 100 x 100° and a guide number of up to 20 it is the perfect strobe for small compact cameras or DSLRs. The DS-TTL (Digital Slave TTL) feature gives you automatic exposure control when shooting in slave mode. It is best to connect the strobe to the housing with the included fiber optic cable. For finer lighting control it is best to shoot in manual mode. This is easy since the YS-01 has a ten-level power dial located on the back of the strobe. With the included Sea Arm VII set, it's easy to position the light away from the camera for best effect.
The YS-01 is powered by 4 AA batteries. You can get up to 330 flashes at full power with NiMH batteries. With NiMH batteries you will get a blazing fast 1.9 second recycle time, so you won't miss any of the action on the reef. The YS-01 has a bright 1W LED target light, that's bright enough to use as a dive light on night dives.
An external flash is your most important accessory. The ocean is one big blue filter. As you descend, the reds and oranges quickly become muted shades of blue and gray. Using a color corrected strobe light will bring back your subject's natural color.
Requires a Lens Port to match the specific lens on the SLR camera.
- Pop up the camera's built-in flash to use the Sea & Sea underwater slave strobes with fiber optic cables. The housing features dual fiber-optic cable ports, which allow you to securely connect two strobes.
- Comes with two Nikonos bulkhead connectors: a 2-pin wired for manual and a 5-pin wired for a TTL adapter
- Allows full use of the Canon EOS 7D functions underwater, including video mode, and live view
- Every detail of the housing is precision machined from a solid aluminum block to achieve a high-quality texture and design--all edges have been polished carefully for safety
- The housing is protected by a highly corrosion-resistant anodized coating, which protects the housing from environmental corrosion and abrasions
- Features a slanted (sideways) button on the back for more active functionality
- Furnished with a tripod socket in the central region of the bottom surface of the main body
- Equipped with a optical viewfinder 0.5x--interchangeable 0.66x/0.8x viewfinders are also available separately
- The quick shoe makes the camera easy to install and remove from the housing
- A built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to any water leakage
- Strong and durable build, with a depth rating of up to 200 ft/60 m
- Connects with a fiber optic cable and gives you DS-TTL (Digital Slave TTL automatic exposure control)
- Manual control is easy with the ten-level power dial
- Circular beam for a broad 100° x 100° angle of coverage
- Bright LED target light in center of the strobe face is bright enough for night dives
- Guide number 20 (ISO 100/m) for high power performance
- Recycle time of approximately 1.9 seconds with NiMH batteries at full power