This Sea & RDX-D60 UW Housing for Nikon D60 & D40 W/Flat Port & YS-01 Strobe gets you into the water with your Nikon D60 or D40 right away--it includes a housing with a flat port, an underwater strobe, camera mount arms, and fiber optic cable. The RDX-D60 is a stylish and durable polycarbonate housing for anyone looking to pursue underwater digital photography with the flexibility and quality of an SLR camera. The housing allows use of your D60 or D40 while exploring the underwater world at depths up to 200' (60m).
The housing's many features will appeal to the novice and the experienced underwater photographer as well. With the housing's quick shoe, mounting the camera is a breeze. Just slide the camera's quick shoe into the slot. The large buckle lock makes opening and closing the housing back easy and secure. This housing gives you full control over your camera. The durable controls give you access to everything the Nikon D60 and D40 have to offer.
Using the included single YS-01 flash will bring back the natural color that is lost underwater. The housing features a 6-pin bulkhead for connecting the optional Sea & Sea YS TTL converter for Nikon cameras. Then you can connect 2 Sea & Sea strobes with Nikonos sync cords. The converter provides perfect TTL exposure and allows for exposure compensation for creative control.
You can also pop up the camera's built-in flash. This allows you to use Sea & Sea underwater strobes with the included fiber-optic cable. The housing features dual fiber-optic cable ports. This allows you to securely connect two strobes. Use the included Sea Arm 8 RDX Set for precise positioning of the flash for greater depth in your photos.
The Sea & Sea RDX Standard Flat Port is included. This port allows you to use most standard zoom lenses in the housing. The port is constructed of corrosion-resistant aluminum. An assortment of other lens ports allows use of other macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses best suited for underwater photography.
Note! Other Lens ports
- Polycarbonate Construction
- Durable and resistant to corrosion, clear view of the camera information and control functions
- Camera Functions
- Housing accesses all Rebel functions
- SLR Viewing
- The housing features a 0.5X pickup viewfinder with corner-to-corner clarity and easy camera data viewing, even when wearing a dive mask
- Keeping Your Camera Safe
- The O-ring main seal along with the large secure buckle closure will keep your camera dry
- RDX Standard Flat Port
- The included RDX Standard Flat Port allows use of most standard zoom lenses
- Lens Port System
- An assortment of optional interchangeable RDX lens ports allows use of macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses. The RDX Port Base L allows use of NX ports and RDX Port Base S allows use of compact macro ports
- TTL Flash
- The housing features a 6-pin bulkhead for connecting the Sea & Sea YS TTL converter for Nikon cameras. Then you can connect 2 Sea & Sea strobes with Nikonos sync cords. The converter provides perfect TTL exposure and allows for exposure compensation for creative control
- Slaved Strobes
- Popping up the camera's built-in flash allows you to use Sea & Sea strobes with the included fiber-optic cable. Fiber optic cables securely plug into the housing's dual fiber-optic cable ports.
- Handles and Arms
- Use the tray and Sea Arm 8 set to attach strobes to the housing, or use the optional Grip-Stay L handle set
- Connects with a fiber optic cable and gives you DS-TTL (Digital Slave TTL automatic exposure control
- Manual control is easy with the ten-level power dial
- Circular beam for a broad 100° x 100° angle of coverage
- Bright LED target light in center of the strobe face is bright enough for night dives
- Guide number 20 (ISO 100/m) for high power performance
- Recycle time of approximately 1.9 seconds with NiMH batteries at full power