The SpeakerCraft MZC-64 Multi-Zone Amplifier Controller is an amplifier and controller that allows you to assign an individual command set for each zone in your installation. Limit source devices to only work in the zone where you prefer to use them, such as restricting sources like a CD or DVD player from being distributed to certain rooms.
The unit offers inputs for six audio sources and four zones of control and amplification, and is ideal for use in both home and commercial spaces. The system is easy to use and has intuitive programming, which combine with exceptional audio capabilities. The unit affords total control and distribution throughout your space with several useful and convenient features.
Add high power or multi-channel amplifiers to your zones for high audio output in spaces that require a larger sound distribution, or when adding additional rooms or sub-zones to a default system. The programmable contact closure provides control of items like lifts or screens, and an RS232 port offers control of compatible components or larger sub-systems. The two doorbell/status inputs can be used for common source power management or triggering a system event from a doorbell module.
- Multi-Zone Audio
- With support of 4 discrete zones of your home or other space, you can distribute audio to different areas. Choose between 6 different sources, and you can program certain sources to be assigned only to play in certain zones.
- Doorbell & Phone Muting
- An RCA jack provides input for line level audio source like phone systems, door mics or other audio paging sources. The jack can be programmed to turn on at an event, when triggered by the doorbell/status input jacks. Two 3.5 mm jack trigger inputs work in conjunction with the phone page input jack. When triggered, the phone input can be turned on in selected zones as programmed. If audio paging is not required, these jacks can also be programmed as status inputs for power management of source or zone components.
- Discrete On / Off
- When pressing the on position, the unit is placed in power on standby, which allows individual zones to be turned on and off by keypad or touch panel commands. In the off position, power from the AC mains is completely turned off.
- Expanded Systems
- Two RJ45 jacks can be used for looping system data to additional units in expanded systems. These jacks can also be used for connection of specialized RS485 controlled products like the SpeakerCraft Mode. The adapter/base lets you add iPods or SpeakerCraft RSA-1.0(s) so that you can control several RS32 devices.
- Two RCA jacks (one pair per zone) provide left and right line-level audio outputs for driving external high-power two-channel amplifiers in large or outdoor zones or a critical listening zone, or driving a multi-channel amplifier for additional rooms, (sub-zone expansion) where needed.
- LED Indicators
- Four LED lights indicate which zones are currently active. Indented spaces accept adhesive backed labels for zone/room identification. A sheet of descriptive labels, typical of room or area names used in homes, is included. A red indicator LED lets you know when the master power switch is in the depressed position and that power is applied from the AC mains.