The Vello TTL-Off-Camera Flash Cord provides creative photographers with the ability to remotely fire off-camera Canon Speedlites. Removing the flash from the camera's hot shoe allows the photographer to create unique and dramatic lighting styles that are not possible with a traditional shoe-mounted strobe.
One side of the TTL cable fits directly into the camera's hot shoe to ensure that all of the camera's exposure data is maintained. The other side can be attached to any stand, tripod, or device with a standard 1/4"-20 threaded stud or flash shoe mount.
This coiled cord measures 3' (1 m), allows for handheld shooting at arm's length, and provides extra length for flash brackets with longer positioning arms.
Other available lengths are:
- 1.5' (0.5 m) - ideal for hand-held lighting styles, or when keeping the flash mounted on a compact flash bracket
- 6.5' (2 m) - accommodates keeping the flash mounted on a lightstand with an umbrella, while staying in close proximity
- 33' (10 m) Universal TTL Cord - ideal for a hard wired solution with more range of motion
Canon SLR/DSLR cameras with TTL hot shoe
All E-TTL and E-TTL II compatible flashes (e.g. 430EX/EX II, 580 EX/EX II, 600EX-RT etc.)
- 3.0' (1 m) Coiled Cord
- Its 3.0' (1 m) length accommodates off-camera hand-held technique
- Off-Camera Lighting
- Off-camera lighting can reduce harsh shadows of direct on-camera flash and gives your images a more natural look.