The 3TB FreeAgent GoFlex Home Network Storage System from Seagate is a high-capacity network hard drive, compatible with both Mac and Windows systems. The drive can connect to your home network via wired Ethernet, and can be made easily accessible via Wi-Fi by plugging it into your wireless router.
You'll be able to access data stored on the drive from any computer within your network. It also supports remote data access, allowing you to browse your files via the Internet when you're away from home. The drive can serve as a network backup device for up to three computers, and supports OS X Time Machine backup. A USB port is present, allowing you to connect an external hard drive for extra storage capacity or a printer for network printing.
The drive is part of Seagate's GoFlex system. The hard drive can be removed from the network base, allowing you to use GoFlex adapters to change the drive interface to suit your needs. You can also use GoFlex devices that you may already own with the network base.
- Connects to your Wi-Fi router, enabling convenient, wireless access to all your files from any PC or Mac computer in the home
- Store files in a central location on your network -- use one drive for all your storage and backup needs
- Wirelessly share a USB printer with every PC and Mac in your home
- Access your files over the Internet from computers and mobile devices when outside of the home
- Automatically and continuously back up files and folders from up to 3 PC and Mac computers in the home
- Time Machine software compatible
- Upgrade the capacity of the built-in drive by simply removing the drive from the base and replacing with a higher capacity GoFlex Desk drive
- Plug in an additional USB external drive for added capacity
- Stream movies, photos, and music to networked computers, game consoles, the GoFlex TV HD media player, and the FreeAgent Theater+ HD media player
- Installs in minutes -- there are only two cables to connect