This XZ-1 10MP Digital Camera (White) from Olympus is is a compact camera that delivers exceptional picture quality--beautiful 10MP photos and dazzling 720p HD video with its super bright 4x wide-angle 28-112mm (equivalent) f/1.8 zoom lens and large 1/6.3" CCD sensor. Using the brilliant 3" OLED monitor with 610K dots of resolution, you can compose and view photos, knowing that the dual image stabilization and ISO up to 3200 will chase away those blurry-picture blues.
Six in-camera art filters--Pop Art, Soft Focus, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama and Dramatic Tone--help bring out your artistic side in stills and video. A panorama mode allows you to produce amazing ultra wide-angle panoramas by just shooting three pictures while you slowly sweep the camera across the scene--no tripod required. An accessory port allows the use of the SEMA-1 microphone adapter set and the VF-2 electronic viewfinder (both available separately), while advanced Face Detection improves on every portrait and AF tracking helps you keep moving subjects always sharp and in-focus.
All of this photographic goodness comes in a compact body that's less than 4.5" wide and less than 2" thick, and weighs less than 10 oz.
- 10 Megapixels
- The 10 million pixels in the high-resolution CCD create superior image quality. Create poster-sized prints without losing a single detail.
- Large, High-Sensitivity CCD
- Providing the best image quality ever in a compact Olympus camera, the large 1/1.63-inch CCD enables greater dynamic range and smoother gradations from highlights to shadows.
- 4X iZuiko Zoom Lens
- Based on the standards of Olympus DSLR lenses, the wide aperture of the iZuiko f1.8-2.5 allows a rich and vibrant range of photographic expression. It allows faster shutter speeds in low light - and it allows for a shallower depth of field than most compact point-and-shoot cameras.
- HD Movie 720p
- A simple, one-touch button allows you to record movies with amazing clarity in high-definition, right from your camera.
- Accessory Port
- The XZ-1 includes a port for accessories including the SEMA-1 Microphone adapter set and the VF-2 live-finder, a detachable electronic viewfinder. The viewfinder easily slides onto the camera's accessory port and hot shoe to provide 1.15x magnification for a 100% field of view. The VF-2 rotates up 90 degrees which is useful when shooting subjects from challenging angles. The external accessory port also allows for connection with the SEMA-1 external microphone adapter set for enhanced audio capture.
- In-Camera Art Filters-Movie and Still Images
- With six in-camera Art Filters (Pop Art, Soft Focus, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama and Dramatic Tone) you can explore your artistic side while taking both still shots and HD video. The Art Filters can be applied as you shoot, no additional software required.
- New Easy-to-Use Live Guide Control
- Seeing the results before you shoot can change the way you take a picture. Want more vivid or muted color in your shot? Want warmer or cooler hues? Want a brighter or darker subject, or a sharper or softer background? Or maybe you want to capture the fast-moving action of your subject with a little artistic blur, or perhaps freeze the action? Simply set the camera to iAuto, press OK to engage Live Guide, then press the up and down arrows on the back of the E-PL1 to easily slide through numerous photographic effects. Make adjustments and watch the LCD as the effects are made live -- before the image is captured! Live Guide also features a Tips section on how to compose a shot or shoot kids, pets, flowers and more.
- Dual Image Stabilization
- Dual Image Stabilization combines Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization with high ISO sensitivity and fast shutter speeds so you can capture crisp, clear images even if the subject is moving.
- In-Camera Panorama
- Captures three images and stitches them together to create one amazing panoramic picture by simply pressing the shutter button and slowly panning across a panoramic scene.
- AF Live View With AF Tracking
- F Live View works as seamlessly as a point-and-shoot to display subjects, in focus, on the LCD the instant the shutter is pressed half way. AF Tracking locks your subject into focus right on the LCD, and constantly adjusts focus and brightness whether you or your subject is moving. With this mode, a simple push of the AF button and shutter release enables you to keep fast-moving and unpredictable subjects in focus.
- Advanced Face Detection
- Face Detection automatically focuses on your subjects' faces and optimizes exposure for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures.
- TruePic V Image Processor
- In addition to more detail, the image sensor, combined with the next-generation TruePic V Image Processor, delivers excellent dynamic range, accurate color fidelity and reduced noise, all the way up to 3200 ISO.