The PowerShot A800 Digital Camera from Canon is an easy-to-use camera ready to capture all your precious memories, in either photo or video. The A800 shoots the 35mm equivalent of a 28 - 140mm lens, and records to a 10 megapixel image sensor. This means you can capture the entire family in a group photo or zoom in on your child's smiling face from across the room.
With that 10 megapixel image sensor this little camera is still able to capture large images at a maximum 3648 x 2736 resolution. This gives you the flexibility to enlarge or crop any section of your image for printing or sharing online.
The DIGIC 3 Image Processor powers all of the camera's advanced systems and features, ensuring you get fast, reliable performance with lower battery consumption than its predecessor. With it, the A800 can have its enhanced picture quality, alongside features like Face-Detection and video recording.
With the video capabilities, as well as the dozens of photography features, the A800 is an easy-to-use, feature-packed camera great for anyone, and likely takes up same amount of space as your cell phone.
- 10MP Image Resolution
- Capture great details and textures with the camera's 10 megapixel resolution image sensor, making your images clear enough to enlarge. Having a high resolution 1/2.3" CCD sensor provides the flexibility to print large photos of family and friends, or crop sections of an image when you wish to alter the composition when editing.
- 37-122mm Equivalent Lens with 3.3x Optical & 4x Digital Zoom
- Just because it's a small camera doesn't mean it has to have a tiny lens. This PowerShot A800 is built with a Canon 3.3x Optical Zoom Lens, and has a 4x digital zoom. When converted to their 35mm equivalents, the lens begins with a 37mm focal length and extends to a maximum 122mm telephoto zoom. This covers a wide and highly useful range of focal lengths that are great for landscape, interior, portrait, wildlife, group or event photographs.
- 2.5" Rear LCD Screen
- No longer do you have to squint into a tiny viewfinder, or get smudges on the back of your camera! Simply use the 2.5" LCD screen on the back. Not only does it help you compose images with a larger view of your frame, but it also provides a wealth of important information about the shot as you capture it. Hold the camera closer to your subject to capture more detail in the 10 megapixel images, or keep it close to you for steadier shots and videos with less blur.
- DIGIC 3 Image Processor
- The camera houses Canon's DIGIC 3 Image Processor to power its advanced systems and features. This ensures fast and reliable performance without sacrificing battery life. Features such as Smart AUTO, Face-Detection and Motion-Detection are all made possible thanks to its fast processing speed and efficient design.
- Record 640x480 Video
- What's better than capturing brand new home movies of your family? Doing it with a camera that fits in your pocket! Shoot 640x480 resolution videos anytime, anywhere right from the little A800 digital camera. No longer limited to still images, you can record every moment in motion rather than using still images.
- 100 - 1600 ISO Sensitivity
- With a range of sensitivities, the PowerShot can shoot anywhere from a bright sunny day at the beach, to a dark room lit only by birthday candles - and anywhere in between. Choose ISO 100 when the sun is shining and there is plenty of light around your subject. This will allow you to have sharper and clearer images, with less noise due to the low ISO. When shooting at night or in areas of low light you can quickly turn the ISO up to 1600 and keep shooting despite the lack of ambient light.
- Smart AUTO Scenes and Selections
- Any photographer can appreciate a camera that removes some of the hassles of capturing beautiful images - especially one that is so compact. The PowerShot digital camera features Smart AUTO: a sophisticated Canon technology that help to make great shots as simple as pressing the shutter button. It will automatically analyze scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. These scenes are compared using 32 predefined shooting situations and the camera then makes the optimal adjustments to ensure the best possible image capture when shooting still images. Smart AUTO also incorporates Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human moving subjects like animals and vehicles. With Smart AUTO, all you'll have to do is aim your shot and let it do the rest.
- Scene Modes and Effects
- You'll notice it is surprisingly easier to create complex photographic effects with the digital camera's Scene Modes. No special lenses, filters or editing techniques are necessary, just a quick change to the camera's setting. Scene Modes include a Fisheye Effect for that classic rounded distortion, Toy Camera Effect that recreates the look of toy or pinhole cameras, Monochrome mode that adds a distinct one-color effect to your photos, among many others.
- Powered by AA Batteries
- Since "AA" batteries can be purchased at any store you don't need to worry about running out of batteries or having to recharge them, simply get new ones locally. No matter where you go, no special power adapters or chargers are needed to power up your camera and keep you shooting.