The Sea & Sea MDX-7D/VF45 Viewfinder Package for Canon EOS 7D DSLR consists of a VF45 1.2X SLR 45° Prism Viewfinder and an MDX-7D underwater camera housing for the Canon EOS 7D DSLR camera. The viewfinder is a focusing tool for your digital camera. The eyepiece rotates 360° in increments of 90° to give you the ideal camera position in both landscape and portrait. The 45° prism viewfinder is great for all conditions, but especially designed for macro photography, when the camera is often positioned lower than the photographer. The eyepiece is designed to keep out unnecessary light, allowing you to see only clear and precise images. This unit covers the entire field of view and features 1.2X magnification. It can be used safely at a maximum depth of 328' (100 m).
The MDX-7D underwater housing for the Canon EOS 7D DSLR camera is a durable aluminum unit that enables you to safely shoot underwater with your camera to a depth of 200' (60 m). The housing is protected by a highly corrosion-resistant, anodized coating. You have access to almost all of the camera's essential functions. The port for the housing is sold separately. A built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to any water leakage. The housing also features an easy-to-use shutter lever, excellent for taking quick snapshots and avoiding motion blur. The unit is equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5X, offering 0.5X magnification, which is replaced by the VF45 Prism viewfinder that comes in this package and offers enhanced magnification power.
- Viewfinder has depth rating of 328' (100 m); underwater housing has depth rating of 200' (60 m)
- Viewfinder offers enhanced magnification power of 1.2X, compared to 0.5X of original viewfinder installed in camera housing
- Viewfinder is great for all conditions, though especially suited for macro photography, when camera is often positioned lower than photographer
- Ergonomically designed viewfinder eyepiece blocks unnecessary light from entering, producing clear, precise images
- Eyepiece rotates 360° in increments of 90° to provide ideal camera position in either landscape or portrait orientation
- Housing boasts an easy-to-use shutter lever: Take quick snapshots and avoid motion blur, enjoy smooth autofocus adjustment by pressing button halfway down, and operate lever by pushing from top or pulling from front
- Shutter speed and aperture can be adjusted without removing your hand from the grip
- Control AE lock / Index / Reduce lever and AF point selection / Magnify lever and AF start lever to check focus points and then press start / stop button to record video--all while holding grip!
- Housing's 2 fiber optic cable sockets allow light of digital camera's built-in flash to be detected and connected to an external strobe, simply by connecting Fiber-Optic Cable (L-type) to one of the connectors; connect another cable to the other connector to operate 2 external strobes
- Housing comes with 2 bulkhead connectors: 1 type-N (2-pin wired for manual) and 1 6-pin wired (for dedicated TTL) - To use SEA&SEA YS-Series strobes with type-N connectors, you must use 5-pin Dual Sync Cord/N
- TTL auto adjustment available when using optional YS Converter/C; use 5-pin Sync Cord/N to connect converter to strobe
- Housing has tripod socket in bottom center of main body, with Ergo grip attached; remove this grip to attach optional Grip-Stay L
- Quick shoe makes camera easy to install / remove from housing; mount camera on quick shoe with tripod screw hole and positioning pin
- Housing's built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to any water leakage
- Both viewfinder and housing constructed from corrosion-resistant, anodized aluminum for durability and protection from the elements