The Sea & Sea MDX-D300/VF45 Viewfinder Package for Nikon D300 DSLR consists of a VF45 1.2X SLR 45° Prism Viewfinder and an MDX-D300 underwater camera housing for the Nikon D300 DSLR camera. The viewfinder is a focusing tool for your digital camera. The eyepiece rotates 360° in increments of 90° to give you the ideal camera position in both landscape and portrait. The 45° prism viewfinder is great for all conditions, but especially designed for macro photography, when the camera is often positioned lower than the photographer. The eyepiece is designed to keep out unnecessary light, allowing you to see only clear and precise images. This unit covers the entire field of view and features 1.2X magnification. It can be used safely at a maximum depth of 328' (100 m).
The MDX-D300 underwater housing for the Nikon D300 DSLR camera is a durable aluminum unit that enables you to safely shoot underwater with your camera to a depth of 200' (60 m). The housing is protected by a highly corrosion-resistant, anodized coating. You have access to nearly all of the camera's functions. The port for the housing is sold separately. A built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to any water leakage. The unit is equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.66X, offering 0.66X magnification, which is replaced by the VF45 Prism viewfinder that comes in this package and offers enhanced magnification power.
Note: Requires LCD replacement, viewfinder installation and pressure testing by service facility.
- Viewfinder has depth rating of 328' (100 m); underwater housing has depth rating of 200' (60 m)
- Viewfinder offers enhanced magnification power of 1.2X, compared to 0.66X of original viewfinder installed in camera housing
- Viewfinder is great for all conditions, though especially suited for macro photography, when camera is often positioned lower than photographer
- Ergonomically designed viewfinder eyepiece blocks unnecessary light from entering, producing clear, precise images
- Eyepiece rotates 360° in increments of 90° to provide ideal camera position in either landscape or portrait orientation
- Housing's port lock mechanism secures port from accidental loosening
- Shutter speed and aperture can be adjusted with hands on grips
- You can comfortably reach the main command dial and subcommand dial with your fingers, while keeping your hands on the grips
- Housing comes with 2 bulkhead connectors: 1 type-N (2-pin wired for manual) and 1 5-pin wired (for dedicated TTL) - To use SEA&SEA YS-Series strobes with type-N connectors, you must use 5-pin Dual Sync Cord/N
- TTL auto adjustment available when using optional YS Converter/C; use 5-pin Sync Cord/N to connect converter to strobe
- Quick shoe makes camera easy to install / remove from housing; mount camera on quick shoe with tripod screw hole and positioning pin
- Housing's built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to any water leakage
- Requires LCD replacement, viewfinder installation and pressure testing by service facility
- Includes replacement LCD window
- Both viewfinder and housing constructed from corrosion-resistant, anodized aluminum for durability and protection from the elements