Casio's EX-ZR100 Exilim Digital Camera (Black) is the flagship of their Exilim line of digital cameras, and it has the goodies to prove it: 12.1MP CMOS back-illuminated sensor, 12.5x wide-angle optical zoom lens (24-300mm equivalent in 35mm format), high-speed dual image processing power, 1920 x 1080 full HD video @30fps (plus super slow-motion video @1000fps at lower resolution), and high-speed burst shooting of still photos at up to 40fps (3fps at full 12MP resolution).
It's not all brute power, though--the EX-ZR100 has an artistic side, with a High Dynamic Range (HDR) program that creates beautiful, well-balanced photos from difficult lighting situations full of shadows and highlights (and an HDR-Art program for even further creativity using HDR); a Slide Panorama function that allows you to shoot wide panoramic photos (up to 360°) without a tripod; and Pre-Record CS so you never have to miss the peak action: press the shutter button halfway down in anticipation of a picture, and if you press the button all the way, everything is recorded (from the first half-way press of the button).
- 12.1MP CMOS (back-illuminated) sensor
- 12.5x wide-angle zoom lens 24-300mm (equivalent in 35mm format) lens
- Full HD video with 1920x1080 resolution @30fps, with slow-motion video at 240/480/1000fps at lower resolutions
- 3.0" TFT LCD monitor with 460,800 dots
- High-speed CS burst shooting at up to 40fps
- Super fast dual image processor
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Technology
- HDR (High-Dynamic Range) harnesses the High-Speed CS and high-speed large-volume image data processing capabilities of the new Exilim Engine HS to create a totally new type of digital imaging. The process combines information from a burst of multiple images and unites the most detailed portions of each image (taken at different exposures) for a beautiful, never-before-possible wide dynamic range.
- HDR-Art creates a totally new artistic approach to photography that combines a burst of CS images recorded at the touch of the shutter button. The camera automatically processes the images, slightly adjusting the relative strength of contrast in local areas. The resulting image achieves a level of expression that normally cannot be realized without mounting the camera on a tripod, shooting a series of images with different exposures, and then processing the images on a computer.
- Optical Zoom
- The EX-ZR100 packs a 12.5X optical zoom lens (an ultra-wide angle starting at 24mm (35mm film camera equivalent) all the way up to a 12.5X telephoto zoom (300mm)), a large 3.0" monitor and a CMOS shift stabilization mechanism into a slim, compact camera body. With Casio's High-Speed SR Zoom technology the EX-ZR100 extends the range to an amazing 25X (600mm) allowing the photographer to be ready for any scene!
- Pre-Record CS
- High-Speed recording of action that occurs before you press the shutter button--pre-record CS is based on the same concept as High-Speed Movie recording and ensures you never miss a moment of the action. A half press of the shutter button starts prerecording images to a continuously refreshed High-Speed CS buffer. Then a full press of the shutter button records buffer contents and real-time images.
- Slide Panorama
- If you want to capture the bigger picture, the Slide Panorama feature gives you extremely wide panorama images with a huge field of vision of up to 360 degrees. Simply by panning the camera across the scene with the shutter button pressed, Slide Panorama makes it easy to take panoramic images.