The 750 GB NVS2525-A Video Storage Pro+ with Plus 1 Pack for Arri Alexa from NEXTO DI is a compact setup designed for backing up video shot with the Arri Alexa or PMW-500 Cameras in the UDF file format system. The NVS2525 Video Storage pro+ contains an internal hard disc drive of 750 GB while the Plus 1 Pack notably includes an external eSATAp 750 GB hard disc drive, a Compact Flash adapter, a holding case for the external HDD, a carrying case for the NVS2525 and external HDD, as well as a rechargeable lithium battery for powering both the NVS2525 and the external HDD simultaneously.
Even though this version of the NVS2525 is designed for UDF formatted memory cards, it can also handle FAT32 formatted memory cards. In terms of connecting to this device, you have plenty of options. It features two memory card slots, one for Panasonic P2 and P2E cards and one for Sony SxS and SxS-1 cards in the said file formats. If you shoot with cameras or camcorders, using either of these cards, you can upload directly. In addition, you can also use the SxS slot to connect an adapter (not included) that will support Compact Flash memory cards. Beyond these slots, you can also upload files from an Ikegami GFPAK, using the USB/eSATAp host port.
Because this version of the NVS2525 is also designed to help you quickly create more than one backup, you can send any files that you've uploaded to the internal hard drive on to the included external USB or eSATAp hard drive or another company's external HDD that has the same interfaces. To note, your external hard drive will need to be formatted in UDF in order to receive any files. At data transfer rates of 3.0 Gb/s for eSATA drives and 480 Mb/s for USB drives, sending files out is fast. While you would use the eSATAp / USB host port for those transfers, you can also use either the FireWire 800 or USB 2.0 ports to send your files to and from a computer. In this case, though, to note, you can copy and write files to the NVS2525 UDF Special Versions using Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Mac 10.5.8 or above. However, you cannot write files to this device using Windows XP SP3.
Along with these options, this version of the NVS2525 has a few other finishing touches that make it an excellent buy for backing up your video footage. It features a 2.4" LCD preview screen (Alexa preview not supported yet) so that you may preview any video or photos on your internal HDD or on an external connected device before you start transferring data. You can now preview ProRes files with a free downloadable firmware update on NEXTO DI's website. It also features a protective rubber jacket, high-density polyurethane foam that insulates the internal hard drive from shocks, and a built-in free-fall sensor that keeps the hard drive read/write head from accidentally writing on the platter where data is stored. Plus, in terms of safety, this storage device can prevent itself from writing in bad sectors of the disc drive, recover data from damaged sectors, and alert you when a data transfer with another device, such as a computer or external hard drive, succeeded or failed.** To note, when the drive recovers data from damaged sectors, it is accessible and capable of being edited at your computer. Typically, damaged data on a hard drive isn't accessible or editable.
The included Plus 1 Pack consists of an eSATAp external hard drive, two eSATAp cables for connecting the drive to the Pro+, a CF card adapter, an external battery with a cable for connection to the Pro+, a leather case for the Pro+ and external HDD, and a green cloth carrying bag with zipper compartments and touch-fastener pockets for all of these items.
Note! ** These safety features will be available to activate later in the year with a free downloadable firmware update on NEXTO DI's website.
- Hard Drive with Getty Up!
- For internal storage, this device houses a 750 GB 2.5" SATA 7200 rpm hard drive
- Designed for Video
- Back-up UDF or FAT 32 formatted Sony SxS, SxS-1, P2, P2E, or with the adapter, Compact Flash cards
- Multitude of Interfaces
- Beyond using the memory card slots, this device gives you many options for transferring data on and off the device: USB 2.0, FireWire, and host USB/eSATA connectivity, so that you can connect external hard drives, desktops, laptops, and Ikegami GFPAK Flash Devices
- Two General Copy Modes
- In "Multi Copy" mode, you have the option to directly copy onto both this device's internal hard drive and a UDF-only formatted external hard drive. In "Sync" mode, this device will compare data between its internal hard drive and an external hard drive and will only then copy new data onto that external drive
- Preview your video thumbnails and film clips on the 2.4" color LCD screen* 1
- Supplied Plus 1 Pack
- Bundles a 750GB eSATAp external HDD, two eSATAp cables for connecting drive to Pro+, a CF card adapter, an external battery with cable for connection to Pro+, a leather case for Pro+ and HDD, and a green cloth carrying bag with zipper compartments and touch-fastener pockets for all of these items